Apprentice Diesel Mechanic
Job no: 495194
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Dandenong South
Categories: Apprenticeship / Traineeship / Graduate / Vac, Trades / Maintenance
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specialising in mining, civil construction, infrastructure, and mineral processing equipment.
Our team of some 2,600 live and breathe our CAN-DO promise to ensure we deliver first class solutions to our clients, whilst providing a safe and great culture for our people.
Due to our continued growth, we are currently seeking an Apprentice Diesel Mechanic to join our depot based in Dandenong South. The position will be responsible for the servicing, repair, and maintenance of heavy duty mobile plant and equipment in a safe and timely manner.
Responsibilities will include:
- Completing mechanical repairs and maintenance of all plant and equipment to a satisfactory level.
- Performs diagnostics, problem solving and fault finding in a timely manner.
- Assist the Workshop Supervisor with maintaining records and plant maintenance registers.
- Complete works in an efficient and timely manner for both planned and unplanned maintenance tasks.
- Ensuring all plant and equipment is compliant with industry and regulatory standards, rules, regulations, and statutory requirements (e.g., licensing for lifting equipment, registration of pressure vessels).
- Administration of plant management standards and system.
- Maintain a safe, tidy, and compliant workplace including, but not limited to: Housekeeping, tooling, workshop areas, yards, and storage.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Monitor stock and supply of repair parts, consumables, GET, fuels, and oils.
We are looking for:
- Minimum 2nd year apprentice in heavy plant and equipment in the civil and road maintenance contracting industry.
- Strong willingness to learn.
WE ARE OFFERING GREAT BENEFITS!
We invest in our people by providing training, development, support, and career opportunities to reach your full potential. We value loyalty and are loyal to our people in return. Our commitment to our community is second to none! Not to mention we offer some great Work Perks:
- Access to Corporate Travellers Travel Club – valued at $730
- Corporate Rates with BUPA
- A suite of salary sacrificing benefits that will delight you!
Our hands-on approach is what makes us different to other contractors in the industry. We strive to be the best by investing in our people, understanding our clients' needs and a relentless focus on continuous improvement. Our team live and breathe our "CAN DO" promise to ensure we deliver first class solutions to our clients, whilst providing an engaging, safe, and team-based culture for our people.
If you believe you have what it takes and want to work for a company where Can Do is at the forefront of its thinking, please APPLY NOW!
MACA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend