Job no: 496175 - Position Number 502563
Work type: Permanent Full Time
We are seeking an experienced Workshop Superintendent for a permanent full-time opportunity based in Welshpool working Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager, you will be responsible for supervising a team and driving the efficient maintenance of MACA owned plant/equipment.
Secure your future with WA’s number 1 Mining Contractor.
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specialising in mining, civil construction, infrastructure, and mineral processing.
With over 3000 employees, MACA supports 15 mine sites in Western Australia across a range of commodities including gold, iron ore, nickel and lithium.
We strive to be the best by investing in our people, understanding our clients' needs, and having a relentless focus on continuous improvement. Our social responsibility is what drives us, and we make an impact through contributions and support we give our communities.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Supervision of workshop and maintenance crew to ensure mechanical repairs are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Oversee the training and development of Apprentices.
- Coordinate and assist in the carrying out of planned maintenance at the workshop to a standard that maintains the integrity and reliability of the equipment.
- Manage the maintenance and repair of our fleet of light vehicles, general plant and heavy machinery.
- Ensure the workshop is kept clean, tidy and hazard free.
- Strive to establish a culture encompassing the vision and core values of MACA.
- Actively participate and contribute to the continuous improvement and innovation of MACA work practices.
- Commitment, respect and compliance to the MACA safety, health and environment policies, 'zero harm' objective, STAR program, Fitness For Work policy and MACA's vision and core values.
- 5+ years experience with heavy mobile equipment.
- Trade qualification.
- Experience in a supervisory or managerial position.
- Sense of priority and urgency.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal and management skills.
What we will offer you:
- Referral program - earn money for referring successful talent
- Corporate Rates with BUPA health insurance
- Salary sacrificing options
There are many long-term opportunities available across our business, and more on the horizon. There is always room to grow and develop into the professional you want to be with MACA
We offer all this and more, Because We Care.
If you want to come with us on our journey to growth, apply with us today at maca.net.au/careers.
We’re ready when you are.
MACA is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages all females and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend