Student Work Study Employee - Application Software Development Assistant
Job no: 492341
Work type: Student/Intern
Location: SLCC – Lafayette
Categories: Academic Affairs
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Business, IT & Professional Studies
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Student
Salary: $8.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities: • The student-worker assists other students during the lab-hours of ASDV courses.
• The assistance implies: To give hints to students who need help during the lab with written/verbal examples and/or with example code.
• Outside the lab, the student-worker keeps fixed-time tutoring hours on a weekly basis, on campus and/or online.
• During the tutoring hours, the student-worker is supposed to assist students with their programming assignments by providing adequate verbal explanations and/or code-examples.
• System Administrator duties exist in the form of computer maintenance of the ASDV Lab, creation/deletion of ASDV login-accounts, SQL login-accounts, software maintenance, software updates, and installations of hardware.
• Gain knowledge of the personal characteristics and behavior necessary to serve as an employee in any work environment.
• Understand the processes involved in securing and retaining employment.
• Develop and possess customer service and other transferrable work skills which will allow them to be an asset to any future employer.
• Obtain knowledge of practical work tenets for success in a professional office environment including: professionalism, punctuality, proper attire, outstanding customer service, confidentiality, and workplace etiquette.
Required Experience: This is an entry level position designed to assist a student in developing and strengthening skills related to employment.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Preferred Experience: Outstanding Customer Service Skills.
Be an ASDV major in their 2nd year with cumulative ASDV GPA of 3.75 or better or an ASDV graduate with cumulative ASDV GPA of 3.75 or better.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend