Student Work Study Employee - Operations
Job no: 492354
Work type: Student/Intern
Location: SLCC – Lafayette
Department: Administration & Finance
Sub department: Facilities
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Student
Salary: $8.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities: Assist the Operations Technician with day-to-day tasks such as but not limited to deliveries, scanning, filing and collection of important state documents.
Specific Job Descriptions by department:
• Greet and assist any vendor, employee or visitor.
• Assist delivery drivers with offloading packages.
• Assist with checking in deliveries and matching the items delivered to their respective purchase order.
• Deliver packages to the designated pickup/drop-off area in a reasonable time frame.
• Deliver cases of paper to departments
• Deliver priority mail and packages to designated departments upon receipt.
• Assist with the collection, organization, scanning and filing of state vehicle records.
• Assist faculty and staff with checking in/out state vehicles.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Ability to walk, drive, lift and carry heavy packages for extended periods of time.
Frequently required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 50 lbs.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Warehouse environment that usually involves extended hours standing, using computers, printers and scanners. Lifting heavy objects in and out of vehicles.
Required Experience: This is an entry level position designed to assist a student in developing and strengthening skills related to employment.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend