Community Student Work Study Employee - American Red Cross
Job no: 492358
Work type: Student/Intern
Location: SLCC – Lafayette
Categories: Financial Aid, Student Affairs
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Financial Aid
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Student
Salary: $10.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with Volunteer Services Team to recruit, onboard, engage, and reward volunteers.
• Coordinate bi-weekly virtual volunteer recruitment events.
• Review and update postings on Eventbrite.
• Assist in hosting volunteer information sessions via zoom.
• Assist in following up with attendees to prompt the application process.
• Assist with volunteer recruitment emails
• Share recruitment information with potential volunteers and community groups.
• Use templates to communicate with potential volunteers and community partners.
• Volunteer Intake & Volunteer Screening.
• Work with Regional and National team to aid prospective volunteers as they navigate the application process.
• Utilize screening tools to interview new volunteers and recommend volunteer positions.
• Help with data entry and clean up.
• Become familiar with Red Cross’s volunteer management system, Volunteer Connection.
• Call existing volunteers to thank them for their service and invite them to virtual events.
Required Experience: This is an entry level position designed to assist a student in developing and strengthening skills related to employment.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
• Must have access to computer with internet connection and phone.
• Experience with Microsoft products preferred.
• Comfortable speaking to individuals and groups.
• Ability to work with people from diverse background.
• Compassionate, Collaborative, Creative, Creditable, and Committed.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend