Student Work Study Employee - Peer Tutor
Job no: 492361
Work type: Student/Intern
Location: SLCC – Lafayette
Categories: Student Affairs
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Student Success Center
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Student
Salary: $8.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities: Peer Tutors will provide part-time assistance in English, Math or other subject areas as designated by the Assistant Director of Academic Success to help increase the academic level of performance for participants; create and manage a learning environment in which all students are treated equitably and with respect; utilize innovative, effective, and equitable tutoring techniques that will maximize learning and understanding of subject areas.
• Provide tutoring assistance to students in courses designated by the Assistant Director of Academic Success.
• Tutoring sessions may be held at the Academic Success Center or an on-campus location designated by the Assistant Director of Academic Success
• Maintain accurate records of tutoring sessions.
• Serve as a role model for all students seeking academic assistance.
• Be punctual for all scheduled tutoring sessions.
• Peer Tutors must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at South Louisiana Community College at the time of application to participate in the program and must maintain this minimum level for continued employment.
• Applicants have earned a B or higher in the subject(s) to be tutored.
• Students who wish to participate in the peer tutor program must be enrolled in at least six credits at South Louisiana Community College during the semester of employment.
Required Experience: This is an entry level position designed to assist a student in developing and strengthening skills related to employment.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Preferred Experience: • Associate or advance degree preferred.
• Tutoring and/or teaching experience.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of course content.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend