Student Work Study Employee - Adult Education
Job no: 492362
Work type: Student/Intern
Location: SLCC – Morgan City
Categories: Student Affairs
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Academic Initiatives
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Student
Salary: $8.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities: The clerical student worker’s job is to the support the Adult Education and/or English Language Acquisition programs. This includes working closely with instructors, para-educators, and students. This student worker is under the supervision of the Manager of Adult Education.
• Answer the telephone, deliver messages, and respond to requests.
• Compile, type, copy, sort, file, and/or shred documents.
• Compute, record, and proofread data and other information.
• Tutor and/or assist students with school work.
• Assist with new student registration and/or orientation if needed.
• Contact students via phone and/or school email to encourage attendance.
• Other related duties as assigned by staff members and/or supervisor.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
• High School diploma or its equivalent
• Clerical experience, IT, and/or business student.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend