Student Work Study Employee - IT Dept (Young Memorial)
Job no: 492365
Work type: Student/Intern
Location: SLCC – Morgan City
Categories: Information Technology, Student Affairs
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Business, IT & Professional Studies
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Student
Salary: $8.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Computer Technician would install, maintain and repair computers and networks.
• You will be the one to ensure that adequate IT infrastructure is in place and is used to its maximum capabilities.
• As a computer technician you must be well-versed in computer systems and network functions.
• The ideal candidate will be able to work diligently and accurately and will possess a great problem-solving ability in order to fix issues and ensure functionality.
• The goal is to install and maintain high quality networks and computer systems.
• Set up hardware and install and configure software and drivers.
• Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks.
• Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated.
• Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality.
• Arrange maintenance sessions to discover and mend inefficiencies.
• Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference.
• Offer timely technical support and teach users how to utilize computers correctly.
Required Experience: This is an entry level position designed to assist a student in developing and strengthening skills related to employment.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend