Student Work Study Employee - Liberal Arts & Humanities
Job no: 492370
Work type: Student/Intern
Location: SLCC – Lafayette
Categories: Liberal Arts
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Liberal Arts
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Student
Salary: $8.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide outstanding service to students, colleagues, and the general public.
• Provide day-to-day administrative and office support for the assigned department
• Develop and strengthen knowledge and skills related to employment in a professional environment, which will prepare them for future opportunities, through an educational experience.
Specific Job Descriptions by department:
To assist the Liberal Arts & Academic Affairs Coordinator with various clerical and administrative tasks in support of the Office of the Dean of Liberal Arts & Humanities.
• Aid in administrative functions and general office duties, such as filing, scanning, copying, typing, answering the phone, and running on-campus errands.
• Basic troubleshooting of Xerox machine
• Assist with special projects
Required Experience: This is an entry level position designed to assist a student in developing and strengthening skills related to employment.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; training will be provided as necessary.
• At least 6 months of office experience.
• Basic organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Excellent customer service and phone etiquette.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend