Your next career move
Suncorp is an organisation on the move! We focus on innovation and continually challenge our people to think outside the square. Committed to becoming the best, we have a culture where all are empowered to make decisions and to succeed in a supportive environment that rewards both team work and ambition. Do you want to be part of the success story?
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Business Development Manager to join us in building an engaged, high-performing, and customer-focused Vero Tauranga team. The purpose of this role is to maximise sustainable regional profitability and growth, manage new and existing intermediary relationships, and to ensure the region delivers the Vero value proposition to customers in an effective and efficient way.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop, deliver and maintain good quality business relationships by offering a wide range of knowledge on Vero Insurance products and services for an intermediary.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Region Sales strategies, tactics and plans to ensure the customer needs and expectations are understood, anticipated and fulfilled.
- Maximise sales revenue, profit and growth from customers and its market whilst retaining and enhancing existing business.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Brokers, intermediaries and key internal stakeholders.
- Utilise the Vero underwriting strategies and guidelines, review, inspect and assess risks for each renewal and new business opportunity provided by intermediaries.
What you will need to succeed
- 5+ years Commercial General Insurance experience
- Knowledge of sales principals and execution of the same
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Professional insurance exams (ANZIIF)
About the company:
Suncorp Group is home to some of Australia and New Zealand’s biggest and most trusted names in insurance, banking and superannuation including market leading brands Vero and Asteron Life.
Suncorp New Zealand strives to protect the wellbeing of Kiwis and to ensure that we are there for the moments that matter. Our purpose is to ‘create a better today’ for all our stakeholders. It is what drives us and gives meaning to every action we take.
What you’ll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference and grow in one of the most successful insurers in Australasia with over 9 million customers. We offer the freedom to work in a flexible environment, respect and encourage diversity and as an international company we offer opportunities for training and career advancement.
We promote a high-performance culture where people are rewarded for effort and dedication.
For a full range of our benefits please visit https://www.suncorp.co.nz/careers.html
If this role sounds like the challenge you have been looking for please express your interest by applying.
Back to search results
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time