The purpose of the Small Medium Enterprise (SME) Banking Manager is to support the National Manager SME in delivering to the Customer strategy and will focus on providing value for SME business customers, connecting customers to Suncorp products and improving the team’s revenue and growth through service excellence to customers. The role will manage and grow a portfolio of SME business customers.
- Source and relationship manage quality new to Group business to grow our SME business customer lending portfolio.
- Achieve balance sheet growth and other financial targets set.
- Be responsible for the preparation of quality credit submissions and action credit proposals by approving within Delegated Credit Authority (DCA) levels or referring to appropriate DCA holders for submissions beyond DCA levels.
- Maximise the visibility of the Suncorp Group brand throughout the area by actively and positively promoting the company at public events.
- Manage the Group’s relationship with customers within your assigned portfolio.
- Support improvement and monitor the relevant customer service / customer satisfaction outcomes for the portfolio.
- Achieve audit and compliance objectives with corporate policies and procedures, as well as complying with industry code of practice and legislative requirements.
- Ability to identify an acceptable level of lending risk, in line with Suncorp’s Risk Appetite Statement, and to achieve an appropriate risk adjusted return for the transaction.
- Ability to analyse financial statements and prepare credit submissions, including the identification of key risks.
- Collaborate with peers in the team and the wider Business Customer teams to ensure effective support and service delivery.
- Contribute to developing a positive and proactive Safety and Wellbeing culture including meeting all safety and wellbeing compliance requirements.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary Qualifications in business, commerce or finance is highly desirable
- Extensive experience building and maintaining relationships with Agri customers
- Demonstrated experience in roles requiring growth and retention of a diverse customer base
- Experience in financial services
- Experience analysing data and identifying key risks
- Experience developing the culture of a team
- Flexible working arrangements i.e. working from home 1 day per week
- Up to 25% off insurance, Banking, superannuation
- Employee share scheme (permanent employees only)
- Continuity of service (MTC roles, contract to permanent)
- Employer of choice for gender equality
- Study Support, Employee Referral Program ($600), Years of Service Recognition
- Discounted home Loan and Personal Loan rates
At Suncorp we believe we are our best when our workforce is as diverse, talented and passionate as the communities in which we live and operate, and where our people feel included, valued and connected. We are passionate about inspiring our people by creating an inclusive culture, offering flexible work, career development and internal mobility, and building connected relationships amongst our team members and with our customers.
For a confidential discussion please reach out to Caitlyn.firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about the company click on link below.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time