Software Engineer – Android
Provide technical leadership, systems analysis, design, development, maintenance & ongoing support for Suncorp’s digital applications.
The focus of this position will be to work in a collaborative environment and deliver features that will make banking easier for our customers.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate Android developer with experience in other languages to join and enhance the capabilities of the Digital Bank and Wealth team. The Digital Bank and Wealth team is a highly motivated group of self-starters that enjoy working together to push the boundaries of technologies to drive out Suncorp’s Digital strategy. We have a focus on continuous improvement with all factors of software development including our agile practises, continuous delivery / Dev Ops, development standards and quality assurance with a focus on automated testing and security. Our mission is to deliver value to the Suncorp customers in the digital Bank and Wealth channels.
The position’s focus will be to uplift the team’s capabilities at a technical lead level. Some of the day to day duties would include:
- Grow the development and agile culture
- Mentoring junior developers
- Input to solution architecture
- Delivering business objectives and hitting architecture milestones
- Improving and maintaining standards: coding, testing, CD, automation
- Delivering value to production
- Liaise with business representatives to understand requirement specifications
- Mobile & web applications
- Design, analyse and estimation
- Writing automated tests and helping the QA lead develop testing frameworks
- Continuous delivery improvements
- Build pipeline development
- Helping mature Dev Ops within the team and department
- After hours oncall
- Improving production resilience
We are looking for a person that will be the right fit for the team and will contribute to the team culture. A person that is capable of voicing and expressing their opinion to different levels of management and people with differing levels of technical knowledge. Someone that is willing to help drive change through continuous improvement.
Experience (minimum type and level of experience required to perform the role)
- 6+ years software engineering experience with 4+ years demonstrable experience integrating with Android SDKs using Kotlin (preferred) or Java, including some quality Android apps that you can show us.
- Experience in developing complex UI designs using Android Studio IDE and AndroidX/Jetpack framework libraries.
- Experience with managing and integrating with third party APIs.
- Understanding of REST APIs and experience in integrating with them using Retrofit and RxJava & RxAndroid or Kotlin Coroutines.
- Understanding of Dependency injection with Dagger (or Hilt).
- Understanding of entire application lifecycle from concept, design, test, release and support.
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment using the Android Gradle Plugin and Jenkins environment.
- Experience with MVVM and MVP architecture for UI/presentation layer development.
- Experience architecting apps using a CLEAN architecture pattern.
- Understanding of protocol-oriented programming, writing test cases (with a BDD framework such as Spek) as well as using source code management software within a programming team.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum software delivery practices.
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Fundamental experience with 1 or 2 other programming languages and frameworks, including:
- iOS development with Swift
- Java 11 & Spring Boot
- C# & Visual Studio (or Xamarin development)
- Understanding of TDD and application in project delivery
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time