Reporting to the Senior Manager Risk and Compliance the role of Risk and Compliance Advisor is focused on providing effective and efficient 1st line of defence risk, compliance and control management within the banking and wealth division.
This is a full time opportunity for a passionate individual who will partner with the business as a trusted advisor and advocate for robust risk and compliance maturity in the Superannuation industry.
- Provide valuable 1st line of defence risk management and governance advice for BAU and projects (as required)
- Work closely with the business to understand the Wealth department’s needs and priorities and provide practical advice that results in pragmatic solutions that meet those needs.
- Play a key role in driving cultural perception change and an increased awareness of risk management through successful interaction and exceptional relationship management with key stakeholders across the Wealth department.
- Ensure you keep abreast of, and understand the implications of, relevant industry and regulatory developments.
- Work closely with the 2nd line of defence to ensure that appropriate oversight of risk and compliance obligations exist and that governance processes are implemented effectively.
- Actively participate in the Suncorp and Banking & Wealth Risk Community projects and events.
- Oversee, guide and challenge the Wealth teams to facilitate enunciation of their operational risks and compliance obligations.
Skills & Experience
- University degree in a related field (e.g. Business, Management, Law, Risk or Finance)
- 5+ years regulatory compliance / risk management or commercial experience in the financial services industry, with focus on Superannuation administration and product.
- Sound knowledge of risk and compliance management practices, risk appetite and governance concepts
- Certificate in Governance & Risk Management, ASFA Certificate IV in Super or equivalent preferred.
- Discounts of up to 25% on our various Insurance, Banking & Superannuation products
- Flexible working environment and arrangements; genuine focus on work-life balance
- Numerous discounts with our corporate partners (retail & shopping / travel & holiday / health & wellbeing)
- We offer support and various programs for our people: (Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health & Wellbeing, Study Support, Employee Referral Program ($600), Facilities for nursing mothers, Company share options, Social club, Years of Service Recognition)
Suncorp is a leading financial services provider in Australia and New Zealand, enabling more than nine million customers to better protect and enhance their financial wellbeing. With a heritage dating back to 1902, we have grown to become a top-20 ASX-listed company with over 13,000 people. We offer banking, wealth management and insurance products and services through our well-recognised brands including Suncorp, AAMI, GIO, Apia, Shannons and Vero, as well as those from our partners.
Working within the Suncorp Network we believe we are our best when our workforce is as diverse, talented and passionate as the communities in which we live and operate, and where our people feel included, valued and connected. We are passionate about inspiring our people by creating an inclusive culture, offering flexible work, career development and internal mobility, and building connected relationships amongst our team members and with our customers. Joining Suncorp, you will be joining an organisation which cares and is proud of our achievements in being recognised for:
- Best Insurance Company in Corporate Social Responsibility (2018)
- Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for sixth consecutive year (2014-2019)
- Money magazine’s Bank of the Year and Business Bank for second consecutive year (2018-2019)
- General Insurance Product Innovation of the Year (2018)
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for please apply online today.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time