- Unique opportunity to join a high performing team with a strong focus on collaboration and resilience
- Part-time role - flexible days/hours
- Rostered on-call weekends – allowance and overtime apply
- Flexible locations
The People & Culture Advisor Resilience will support preparation for and response to pending or actual incidents impacting our people, partners, buildings and suppliers, prioritising the safety and wellbeing of Suncorp’s workforce. This unique role will support the implementation of the Suncorp Incident Response Team (SIRT) framework, ensuring key people risks are mitigated appropriately.
A key aspect of this role will be the monitoring of and response to potential or actual incidents on an on-call basis on weekends (low call out frequency and on-call reward framework applies). If you are unable to commit to being on-call on weekends, we will not be able to progress your application.
Reporting to the People & Culture Manager, Resilience, you will also:
- Support the implementation of the SIRT framework, including ensuring appropriate risk controls are in place and effective to mitigate key people risks in relation to people, partners, buildings and suppliers.
- Lead timely and clear communication and associated support before, during and after an incident.
- Contribute to the delivery of Crisis Management Team reporting and Committee updates, including identification of trends and emerging risks.
- Drive consistency and explore process efficiency, self-service and automation opportunities across all processes, including shared processes with Security and Real Estate
- Maintain and continuously improve related People & Culture employee self-service content, including guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Contribute to and drive continuous improvement of external suppliers who support resilience and Suncorp’s incident response, ensuring a quality and efficient service and extracting maximum value.
- Build collaborative and beneficial relationships across Suncorp’s resilience, employee relations and safety & wellbeing teams to ensure the seamless transition of monitoring activities for the non-work days of the role.
- Work collaboratively with Suncorp’s safety & wellbeing and employee relations specialists to ensure timely, strategic, commercially-balanced and risk-appropriate advice and support on all escalated and complex people issues and initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with Suncorp’s safety & wellbeing and employee relations strategy and frameworks team, to ensure timely flow of information in relation to people risks and ensure alignment with strategy and framework considerations.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in either safety & wellbeing, law, industrial relations, human resources, or related discipline (eg risk or emergency management)
- Experience in an operational, consulting or leadership role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and consultative approach
- The ability to work autonomously (including from home) and successfully in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks, work to deadlines and deliver on competing priorities
- Discounts of up to 25% on our various Insurance, Banking & Superannuation products
- Flexible working environment and arrangements; genuine focus on work-life balance
- Numerous discounts with our corporate partners (retail & shopping / travel & holiday / health & wellbeing)
- We offer support and various programs for our people: (Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health & Wellbeing, Study Support, Employee Referral Program ($600), Facilities for nursing mothers, Company share options, Social club, Years of Service Recognition)
Suncorp is a leading financial services provider in Australia and New Zealand, enabling more than nine million customers to better protect and enhance their financial wellbeing. With a heritage dating back to 1902, we have grown to become a top-20 ASX-listed company with over 13,000 people. We offer banking, wealth management and insurance products and services through our well-recognised brands including Suncorp, AAMI, GIO, Apia, Shannons and Vero, as well as those from our partners.
Working within the Suncorp Network we believe we are our best when our workforce is as diverse, talented and passionate as the communities in which we live and operate, and where our people feel included, valued and connected. We are passionate about inspiring our people by creating an inclusive culture, offering flexible work, career development and internal mobility, and building connected relationships amongst our team members and with our customers. Joining Suncorp, you will be joining an organisation which cares and is proud of our achievements in being recognised for:
- Best Insurance Company in Corporate Social Responsibility (2018)
- Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for sixth consecutive year (2014 - 2019)
- Money magazine’s Bank of the Year and Business Bank for the third consecutive year (2018 - 2020)
- General Insurance Product Innovation of the Year (2018)
If this role sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then apply now.
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone is able to be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time