- Support our Customers to ensure all their financial needs are met
- Start your career in financial services.
- 25% discount on a range of Insurance, Banking and Super Products
When a customer enters one of our branches, they expect top class service and as Money Magazines Bank of the Year for three consecutive years, Suncorp delivers. From the word “Hello”, our Sales and Service Banking Consultants make our customers feel relaxed and at home, asking the right questions to make sure that they leave happy and confident that their needs have been met.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a new Sales and Service Banking Consultant to join our friendly team in Longreach.
Note: This role is minimum of 25 hours per week, with the possibility of regular additional hours. Shifts are 9:30am - 2:30pm Monday - Friday.
This is a varied and dynamic role and as it is customer focussed, no two days are the same! But you could expect the following…
- Assess customer needs and recommend the most appropriate products through open and targeted communication with our customers
- Generate opportunities for sales within banking, general insurance and life products and thus, achieve (and hopefully exceed!) sales, service and compliance target
- Proactively make outbound calls to existing and previous customers to discuss new products which may interest them
- Complete over the counter transactions in an efficient and timely manner, catering to our customers busy lifestyles
- Introduce, promote and assist customers with new, alternative, electronic methods of day to day banking
Skills & Experience
Our Sales and Service Banking Consultants come from a wide range of backgrounds, but all possess one key thing in common – their love for providing great customer service. Other qualities, skills and experience we look for are…
- A proven track record in customer service, sales or retail
- A high level of enthusiasm and drive
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to convey and explain information, coherently and confidently in both oral and written formats.
- Ability to establish and develop customer relationships
- Sound ability with technology, innovation and digital solutions
- Full time classroom training is provided for two weeks to make sure you are best equipped to perform your new role at Suncorp. This is then followed by elective learnings.
- Discounts of up to 25% on our various Insurance, Banking & Superannuation products
- Flexible working environment and arrangements; genuine focus on work-life balance
- Numerous discounts with our corporate partners (retail & shopping / travel & holiday / health & wellbeing)
- We offer support and various programs for our people: (Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health & Wellbeing, Study Support, Employee Referral Program ($600), Facilities for nursing mothers, Company share options, Social club, Years of Service Recognition)
About the company
Suncorp is a leading financial services provider in Australia and New Zealand, enabling more than nine million customers to better protect and enhance their financial wellbeing. With a heritage dating back to 1902, we have grown to become a top-20 ASX-listed company with over 13,000 people. We offer banking, wealth management and insurance products and services through our well-recognised brands including Suncorp, AAMI, GIO, Apia, Shannons and Vero, as well as those from our partners.
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for please apply online today. For a confidential discussion please call our resourcing partners at Hays Talent Solutions on 02 8226 9659
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone is able to be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
Back to search results
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time