- Fantastic opportunity for a motivated people professional to join our incident response team
- 12-month, full-time role max term contract
- Brisbane or Sydney location, with flexible working options available
An exciting opportunity has become available for a motivated and forward-thinking People and Culture Consultant within Suncorp’s People & Culture Advice & Services team.
The role will support Suncorp’s preparation for and response to pending or actual events impacting our people, partners, buildings and suppliers, prioritising the safety and wellbeing of Suncorp’s workforce. This unique role will support the implementation of the Suncorp Incident Management Team (SIRT) framework, ensuring key people risks are mitigated appropriately.
Reporting to the People & Culture Manager, Resilience, you will:
- Support the timely and clear communication and associated support before, during and after an incident (including COVID-19).
- Work with a continuous improvement and process efficiency approach, seeking consistency and exploring process efficiency opportunities to remove duplication (includes contributing to improving team operating procedures and improvement in self-help tools).
- Contribute to the delivery of Suncorp’s Crisis Management Team reporting and Committee updates, including identification of trends and emerging risks.
- Contribute to effective planning, prioritisation, monitoring and reporting mechanisms in the SIRT context.
- Collaborate across and within teams and contribute to fluidity through cross skilling and upskilling
- Provide timely, accurate, commercially balanced and legislatively sound risk-based advice for business areas to address complex people issues.
- Work collaboratively with Suncorp’s safety and employee relations specialists to ensure timely, strategic and commercially balanced and risk-appropriate advice and support on all escalated and complex people issues and initiatives.
Skills and qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in either Human Resources, Employee Relations, or Law is desirable
- Sound generalist HR knowledge, including systems, legislation, best practices and health & safety
- Demonstrated experience in handling complex HR matters
- Calm under pressure, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management with a customer-centric focus
- Strong process excellence, continuous improvement capability and problem solving, with a focus on the customer.
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks, work to deadlines and deliver on competing priorities
• Discounts of up to 25% on our various Insurance, Banking & Superannuation products
• Flexible working environment and arrangements; genuine focus on work-life balance
• Numerous discounts with our corporate partners (retail & shopping / travel & holiday, health & wellbeing)
• We offer support and various programs for our people: (Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health & Wellbeing, Study Support, Employee Referral Program ($600), Facilities for nursing mothers, Company share options, Social club, Years of Service Recognition)
Working within the Suncorp Network we believe we are our best when our workforce is as diverse, talented and passionate as the communities in which we live and operate, and where our people feel included, valued and connected. We are passionate about inspiring our people by creating an inclusive culture, offering flexible work, career development and internal mobility, and building connected relationships amongst our team members and with our customers. Joining Suncorp, you will be joining an organisation which cares and is proud of our achievements in being recognised for:
• Best Insurance Company in Corporate Social Responsibility (2018)
• Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for sixth consecutive year (2014 - 2019)
• Money magazine’s Bank of the Year and Business Bank for second consecutive year (2018 - 2019)
• General Insurance Product Innovation of the Year (2018)
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply today.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time