- Ensure quality decisions are made within claims management
- Mentor and coach Claims Advisors
- Charlestown location
The Injury Management Advisor is paramount to ensure the quality of the decision-making process within claims management and promoting consistency in approach and compliance to legislation.
You will be responsible in providing clinical and injury management technical expertise to assess personal injury claims for treatment and rehabilitation requirements as well as being accountable for the coaching and mentoring of the Claim Advisors.
The role assists claims advisors in managing a large portfolio of claims that are of a very sensitive nature and are under regular examination from internal and external stakeholders.
This is a complex, challenging yet rewarding role within the business where you can positively impact quality of life for people who have suffered significant injuries.
- Review claim files and provide subject matter expertise to Claim Advisors.
- Support the team leader to identify development opportunities and trends to improve individual and team performance
- Participate in strategic planning processes and related projects.
- Work collaboratively with the Leader, Technical Advisor and claims teams to embed proactive claims management strategies and identify training opportunities.
- Engage and negotiate with various stakeholders.
- Review decisions related to claims costs to ensure that they are reasonable and necessary.
- Prepare professional written and verbal advice to Claim Advisors on appropriate/ necessary treatment and rehabilitation services and recommendations for future rehabilitation management.
- Degree in an Allied Health related discipline – mandatory
- Experience working in a clinical environment
- Previous Workers Compensation/ CTP Experience
- Discounts of up to 25% on our various Insurance, Banking & Superannuation products
- Flexible working environment and arrangements; genuine focus on work-life balance
- Numerous discounts with our corporate partners (retail & shopping / travel & holiday / health & wellbeing)
- We offer support and various programs for our people: (Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Employee Referral Program ($600), Facilities for nursing mothers, Years of Service Recognition)
Suncorp is a leading financial services provider in Australia and New Zealand, enabling more than nine million customers to better protect and enhance their financial wellbeing. With a heritage dating back to 1902, we have grown to become a top-20 ASX-listed company with over 13,000 people. We offer banking, wealth management and insurance products and services through our well-recognised brands including Suncorp, AAMI, GIO, Apia, Shannons and Vero, as well as those from our partners.
Working within the Suncorp Network we believe we are our best when our workforce is as diverse, talented and passionate as the communities in which we live and operate, and where our people feel included, valued and connected. We are passionate about inspiring our people by creating an inclusive culture, offering flexible work, career development and internal mobility, and building connected relationships amongst our team members and with our customers. Joining Suncorp, you will be joining an organisation which cares and is proud of our achievements in being recognised for:
- Best Insurance Company in Corporate Social Responsibility (2018)
- Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for sixth consecutive year (2014 - 2019)
- Money magazine’s Bank of the Year and Business Bank for second consecutive year (2018 - 2019)
- General Insurance Product Innovation of the Year (2018)
- NIBA General Insurer of the Year - Large General Insurer (2019)
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for please apply online today.
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone can be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time