At Suncorp we focus on innovation and continually challenge our people to think outside the square. Committed to our people, we have a culture where leaders are empowered to make decisions and individuals are able to succeed in a supportive environment that rewards both teamwork and ambition. Do you want to be part of the success story?
We have an opportunity to work as a Senior Underwriter to service our existing life business and provide a professional, leading edge underwriting service to clients and intermediaries as well as providing quality advice on underwriting matters within agreed company guidelines and philosophy. This will require the use of sound underwriting knowledge to put the customer at the forefront of every interaction. This opportunity is a fixed term contract until 30 September 2021.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assessing and accepting life and disability risks within agreed levels of authority and guidelines
- Performing all underwriting tasks within agreed service standards
- Liaising with reinsurers on large and sub-standard cases as required
- Consultation with the Chief Medical Officer on complex cases
- Liaising with doctors and accountants regarding medical and financial assessment when required
- Supporting and offering guidance to more junior underwriters
- At least 7 years’ underwriting experience of life, disability and trauma risk
- Have an understanding of medical terminology, disease process, treatments and prognosis
- Experience with financial and accounting matters, and of the legal aspects affecting risk management
- Have highly developed conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work well under pressure
- A strong appreciation of and commitment to exceptional customer service
- ALUCA qualifications and Insurance Institute studies are desirable
About the Company
Suncorp Group is home to some of Australia and New Zealand’s biggest and most trusted names in insurance, banking and superannuation including market leading brands Vero and Asteron Life.
At Suncorp New Zealand our success is powered by our people. Our people are passionate about improving the financial wellbeing of New Zealanders. We offer the freedom to work in a flexible environment, we respect and encourage diversity and we are committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers.
This opportunity is rare and ideal for those seeking to further their underwriting experience and specialise in life insurance.
Back to search results
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time