Purpose of the Role
- Support the team to deliver actuarial and pricing activities in all areas related to the Underwritten Workers Compensation (WC) portfolio
- The role will take into account the competing stakeholder requirements including Actuarial (valuations), customer engagement, risk management, underwriting, marketability, competitiveness and profitability in providing advice on claims and associated costs for Underwritten Workers Compensation
- Deliver valuation tasks that can be demonstrated as compliant with actuarial standards
- Responsible for the accuracy, quality and coherence of the valuation work completed
- Provision of outputs to finance and the Appointed Actuary areas to feed into the financial reporting of the company and statutory reporting carried out by the Appointed Actuary area (including the AVR and FCR)
- Develop, deliver and implement key initiatives to drive profit, return on capital and value
- Support the delivery of outcomes to support Suncorp’s financial direction and strategies to achieve the strategic plan
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to deliver valuation and pricing projects for WC
- Contribute to the generation of the portfolio price for use by the Underwritten Pricing team
- Provision and delivery of data and analysis that is suitable for APRA purposes within deadlines
- Engage and support stakeholders to operationalise strategies to ensure goals are achieved
- Support and encourage a high performing work environment
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the customer – focusing on how decisions impact customers.
- Build a culture of cross functional collaboration to enhance the customer experience.
- Support the development, delivery and implementation of key project deliverables, actively driving change and quality.
- Incorporate continuous improvement into operational practice.
- Build and maintain a strong industry profile
- Strong academic results in a relevant degree in Business, Actuarial Studies, Mathematics & Data Analytics or related field
Skills & Experience
- Recent graduate or up to 3 years’ experience in insurance industry with relevant qualifications
- Preferred industry experience with WC or Long Tail Insurance business
- Analytical skills - ability to develop solutions and courses of action by using an information base to identify key issues, compare with other data and determine cause-effect relationships
- Knowledge and experience in using SAS, Excel, VBA: preferred
- Problem solving – ability to seek out information and break down problems and situations into simple list of components.
- Change management capability - ability to recognise, understand and support need for change and anticipated impact on self. Adaptable and responsive to a continuously changing environment.
- Communication skills - ability to convey and explain information, coherently and confidently both oral and written.
- Time management skills – prioritisation of work without supervision.
- Good influencing and collaboration skills across internal stakeholders.
- Ability to use customer and commercial acumen to enhance business performance.
- Creativity - Knowledge of the approaches, tools, and techniques for promoting creative, original thinking and ability to apply it to a variety of business situations.
- Attention to detail
- Discounts of up to 25% on our various Insurance, Banking & Superannuation products.
- Flexible working environment and arrangements; genuine focus on work-life balance.
- Numerous discounts with our corporate partners (retail & shopping / travel & holiday / health & wellbeing).
- We offer support and various programs for our people: (Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Study Support, Employee Referral Program ($600), Facilities for nursing mothers, Company share options, Years of Service Recognition).
- Actuarial study support available for candidates to work towards their qualification
Suncorp is a leading financial services provider in Australia and New Zealand, enabling more than nine million customers to better protect and enhance their financial wellbeing. With a heritage dating back to 1902, we have grown to become a top-50 ASX-listed company with over 13,000 people. We offer banking, wealth management and insurance products and services through our well-recognised brands including Suncorp, AAMI, GIO, Apia, Shannons and Vero, as well as those from our partners.
Working within the Suncorp Network we believe we are our best when our workforce is as diverse, talented and passionate as the communities in which we live and operate, and where our people feel included, valued and connected. We are passionate about inspiring our people by creating an inclusive culture, offering flexible work, career development and internal mobility, and building connected relationships amongst our team members and with our customers. Joining Suncorp, you will be joining an organisation which cares and is proud of our achievements in being recognised for:
- Best Insurance Company in Corporate Social Responsibility (2018)
- Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for sixth consecutive year (2014 - 2019)
- Money magazine’s Bank of the Year and Business Bank for second consecutive year (2018 - 2019)
- General Insurance Product Innovation of the Year (2018)
- NIBA General Insurer of the Year - Large General Insurer (2019)
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for please apply online today.
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone can be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time