- High potential career development opportunity to join our growing NSW Workers Insurance business
- Make a real difference providing quality outcomes for our customer and business
- Newcastle CBD Location
The Technical Advisor will provide technical assistance to the Claims Advisors by contributing to and driving proactive claims management. You will be responsible for supporting the Claims Advisors to make timely and appropriate decisions and ensuring claims strategy is cost effective and tailored.
You will also coach and mentor Claims Advisors to ensure sound decision making and to assist the development of legislative and regulatory knowledge and skills.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the immediate team in area of specialisation and is the main point of contact for all technical queries relating to policy, legislation, product knowledge, systems, processes or procedures
- Provides specialist technical and/or professional advice for the authorisation and approval of complex claims involving analysis and experience to arrive at the correct course of action
- Increase awareness of the cost and consequence of technical decisions
- Provide technical expertise and support to ensure ongoing quality decisions and outcomes
- Actively share knowledge, advise and coach others to build and develop technical capabilities to create a ‘high performing team environment’
- Effectively interpret market information, legislative changes and performance information to identify and to act on opportunities or areas requiring improvement
- Work collaboratively with the Technical Specialist and Leader to identify development opportunities for individuals and the team
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in NSW Workers Compensation
- Experience in Personal Injury Management
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Commerce or related field - Desired
- Diploma of Personal Injury Management - Desired
- Discounts of up to 25% on our various Insurance, Banking & Superannuation products
- Flexible working environment and arrangements; genuine focus on work-life balance
- Numerous discounts with our corporate partners (retail & shopping / travel & holiday / health & wellbeing)
- We offer support and various programs for our people: (Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Referral Program ($600), Facilities for nursing mothers, Years of Service Recognition)
Suncorp is a leading financial services provider in Australia and New Zealand, enabling more than nine million customers to better protect and enhance their financial wellbeing. With a heritage dating back to 1902, we have grown to become a top-20 ASX-listed company with over 13,000 people. We offer banking, wealth management and insurance products and services through our well-recognised brands including Suncorp, AAMI, GIO, Apia, Shannons and Vero, as well as those from our partners.
Working within the Suncorp Network we believe we are our best when our workforce is as diverse, talented and passionate as the communities in which we live and operate, and where our people feel included, valued and connected. We are passionate about inspiring our people by creating an inclusive culture, offering flexible work, career development and internal mobility, and building connected relationships amongst our team members and with our customers. Joining Suncorp, you will be joining an organisation which cares and is proud of our achievements in being recognised for:
- Best Insurance Company in Corporate Social Responsibility (2018)
- Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for sixth consecutive year (2014 - 2019)
- Money magazine’s Bank of the Year and Business Bank for second consecutive year (2018 - 2019)
- General Insurance Product Innovation of the Year (2018)
- NIBA General Insurer of the Year - Large General Insurer (2019)
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for please apply online today.
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone can be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time