- Work with a talented Service Channels team in our Insurance Technology function
- Provide technical guidance to enable and deliver technical changes and meet business goals
- Location is flexible; Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne with great benefits & work flexibility
About the role
We’re never just satisfied with how things are – because we know how things could be. And it’s our expert Technology team who forge ahead every day to make those ‘what ifs’ a reality.
Our Technology & Transformation function aspires to create experiences our customers value, while providing best in class technology, advice, and services to enable insights across Suncorp. So we’re on the lookout for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our awesome Insurance Service Channels team. The purpose of the role is to build and improve DevOps capabilities for the Digital Service team in support of key strategic initiatives.
The DevOps Engineer will be an active contributor to the Agile SDLC and familiar with DevOps/Continuous Integration and deployment processes. This role will also include systems analysis, design, development, maintenance & ongoing support.
What you’ll do
- Highly proficient in delivery of projects delivering value using Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Prioritize and drive Automation in delivery
- Embed a DevOps mindset and practices within the team
- Provide input to or develop business systems solutions, estimates and specifications
- Actively contribute to the analysis of business specifications, solutions and estimations
- Work closely with and incorporate feedback from product management, architects, system engineers, test engineers and business analysts
- Utilise agile principles and practices in everything that you do
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years’ experience working as a DevOps / Systems / Software Engineer
- Experience working in an agile development/delivery environment
- Experience with DevOps processes and Cloud services (AWS)
- Tertiary qualifications and/or AWS Certification - well regarded
- Experience working with technologies such as Java, Groovy, Spring, Bash, Python, Java, SQL
- Strong technical background, with demonstrated ability to apply DevOps practices across diverse architectures
- Experience working with Databases such as Oracle, Postgres, DynamoDB
What we can offer you
- Excellent discounts on a range of retail favourite stores as well as banking and insurance products
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including 16 weeks paid parental leave and unlimited paid emergency response leave
- Invest in your brighter future with ongoing study support and career development programs
- Give back to our communities with payroll giving, donation matching and paid volunteer leave
About Suncorp Group
We’re proud to be a part of the Suncorp Group family alongside some of Australia’s most trusted and diverse names in insurance. Together, we share a drive to make the complex simple and bring our customers peace of mind when it matters most – while helping to evolve and innovate the ways we can serve our community every day. That comes with all kinds of exciting opportunities for you to grow your own career. Whether you’re guiding people through life’s biggest moments or providing them with support in times they need it most, you’ll be driven forward by our shared customer obsession and supported at every step of the journey.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time