- Work with an awesome Digital Service Channels team in our Insurance Technology function
- Develop functional and appealing Digital applications to drive great user experiences
- Location is flexible; Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne
About the role
We’re never just satisfied with how things are – because we know how things could be. And it’s our expert Technology team who forge ahead every day to make those ‘what ifs’ a reality.
Our Technology & Transformation function aspires to create experiences our customers value, while providing best in class technology, advice and services to enable insights across Suncorp. The role of Software Engineer, Digital Service exists to deliver functional and appealing Digital applications to drive great user experiences of customer-centric solutions. ou’ll be ultimately accountable for code quality, solution output, software engineering output and the end to end delivery cycle of initiatives that ensure our delivery is best practice. Be challenged and inspire to be your best!
In our Digital Service team, you’ll thrive in a dynamic and supportive work culture where no two days are the same.
What you'll do
- Analyse system requirements and develop technical design
- Develop and maintain Digital applications
- Conform to QA standards and agreed processes within the department, and application ecosystems
- Support the application by analysing and fixing problems
- Produce effective unit and system test plans and participate and/or support further testing phases
What you'll bring
- 3+ years as a Full-Stack Developer
- Experience working in a large organisation and supporting high availability production systems
- Exposure to Testing and TDD or Behavioural Driven Development highly regarded
- Agile collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluence etc) experience
What we can offer you
- Excellent discounts on a range of retail favourite stores as well as banking and insurance products
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including 16 weeks paid parental leave and unlimited paid emergency response leave
- Invest in your brighter future with ongoing study support and career development programs
- Give back to our communities with payroll giving, donation matching and paid volunteer leave
- Prioritise your work/life balance with our robust employee assistance program and dedicated employee council
About Suncorp Group
We’re proud to be a part of the Suncorp Group family alongside some of Australia’s most trusted and diverse names in insurance. Together, we share a drive to make the complex simple and bring our customers peace of mind when it matters most – while helping to evolve and innovate the ways we can serve our community every day. That comes with all kinds of exciting opportunities for you to grow your own career. Whether you’re guiding people through life’s biggest moments or providing them with support in times they need it most, you’ll be driven forward by our shared customer obsession and supported at every step of the journey.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time