Personal Injury Claims aspires to be partners in our customers’ recoveries and return them to their lives, while doing the right thing for our business, shareholders and the community.
This is an entry level Claims role which provides an exciting opportunity to begin a career in insurance. The aim of this role is to provide a superior level of customer service while managing a small portfolio of workers compensation claims in accordance with legislative, regulatory & procedural guidelines, in order to achieve cost effective and timely claim outcomes.
- Learn to proactively manage a small portfolio of claims in accordance with legislative, regulatory and procedural guidelines to achieve cost effective and timely claim resolutions
- Learn to proactively work to resolve claims within the earliest possible timeframes by engaging with stakeholders and actioning activities and incoming correspondence in a timely fashion, across a small portfolio of claims to achieve optimal outcomes
- Learn to identify and utilise opportunities for claims costs reduction through targeted programs, and follow appropriate strategies to reduce the average duration and cost of claims
- Engage with Leader, Technical Advisor and Injury Management Advisors for assistance with decision making, advice and feedback while training in the role.
- Learn to identify claims for escalation to the relevant segment (e.g. Low Risk Claims to Medium Risk Claims)
- Learn to actively engage treating doctors in the claims management process and apply prescribed case management activities.
- Learn to effectively utilise computer systems and technology to manage work, time and processes
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- High School Certificate or degree in Business, Commerce, Allied Health or related field
- Customer Service background with a commitment to increasing customer experience and delivering high quality solutions within required timeframes
- Analytical skills and the ability to make decisions under pressure
- Adept at problem solving
- High attention to detail
- Adaptable to change
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Suncorp is a leading financial services provider in Australia and New Zealand, enabling more than nine million customers to better protect and enhance their financial wellbeing. With a heritage dating back to 1902, we have grown to become a top-20 ASX-listed company with over 13,000 people. We offer banking, wealth management and insurance products and services through our well-recognised brands including Suncorp, AAMI, GIO, Apia, Shannons and Vero, as well as those from our partners.
Working within the Suncorp Network we believe we are our best when our workforce is as diverse, talented and passionate as the communities in which we live and operate, and where our people feel included, valued and connected. We are passionate about inspiring our people by creating an inclusive culture, offering flexible work, career development and internal mobility, and building connected relationships amongst our team members and with our customers. Joining Suncorp, you will be joining an organisation which cares and is proud of our achievements in being recognised for:
- Money magazine’s Bank of the Year and Business Bank for the fourth consecutive year (2018-2021)
- Creating our Peace of Mind Package which provides immediate financial relief for customers (2020)
- Developing our Small Business COVID-19 Relief Package to support our Insurance customers (2020)
- Member of the RE100 Global Corporate Renewable Energy Initiative (2020)
- Named an Inclusive Employer by the Diversity Council of Australia (2019-2020)
- Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for sixth consecutive year (2014-2019)
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for please apply online today.
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone is able to be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time