- Join our lending team in a NO BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT role, where warm leads are supplied.
- Excellent role to develop your base skillset with credit and lending for future career growth.
- Excellent role for those who want to further develop their sales & credit skills by taking full responsibility and ownership of the customer experience – this role will help you to develop the skills necessary to realise your career goals in a higher-level Business Banking Relationship Manager role.
- Permanent opportunity with a hybrid model available in Brisbane.
As a Lending Specialist Business Banking, you will be playing an integral role in a customer’s business loan journey, operating in a high-level professional environment. Your main responsibility will be engaging with customers and converting warm leads that are provided to you from our branches and other internal stakeholders, through to settlement stage -NO BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT required. This role will give you the opportunity to use your banking and sales skills, while being part of a collaborative and focused team. You will be managed by a leader that is committed to your ongoing development and training. This is a wonderful role to develop your base skillset for your future career goals within Business Banking.
What you’ll do
- Building relationships with our customers and growing a portfolio of Business Customers who will come back to you for additional borrowing needs
- Achieving allocated sales objectives by originating lending through assessing the financial needs of customers and providing options to address specific needs
- Analyse financial statements and assist with preparation of detailed applications/ submissions, including identification of key risks and mitigants.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent lead conversion & communication skills, along with the genuine desire to provide superior customer service. You will have a proven background in sales and banking, with willingness to get involved and provide support to both the customer and your team.
What you’ll bring
- Tertiary Qualifications in business, commerce or finance are desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in self-employed lending, small business and/or business banking.
- Previous use of a delegated credit authority or equivalent in business lending highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience in roles requiring identification and acquisition of new customers.
- Demonstrated experience in roles requiring growth and retention of a customer base.
- Having a genuine customer focused approach with the ability to recognise and implement business strategies to drive profitable growth, customer acquisition, customer experience and sales productivity.
What we can offer
- Discounts and offers on a range of retail favourite stores as well as banking and insurance products.
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including 16 weeks paid parental leave and unlimited paid emergency response leave.
- Invest in your brighter future with ongoing study support and career development programs.
- Give back to our communities with payroll giving, donation matching and paid volunteer leave.
- Prioritise your work/life balance with our robust employee assistance program and dedicated employee council.
- We offer support and various programs for our people: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health & Wellbeing, Study Support, Employee Referral Program, Facilities for nursing mothers, Company share options, Social club, Years of Service Recognition.
About Suncorp Group
We’re proud to be a part of the Suncorp Group family alongside some of Australia’s most trusted and diverse names in insurance. Together, we share a drive to make the complex simple and bring our customers peace of mind when it matters most while helping to evolve and innovate the ways we can serve our community every day. That comes with all kinds of exciting opportunities for you to grow your own career. Whether you’re guiding people through life’s biggest moments or providing them with support in times they need it most, you’ll be driven forward by our shared customer obsession and supported at every step of the journey.
For over 100 years Suncorp Group has been driven by our guiding Purpose to build futures and protect what matters. To ensure we deliver on that Purpose, we’ve made a commitment, built on trust, empowerment, and flexibility – to help our people unlock their full potential and unleash their best and brightest selves. With the backing and support of some of the most trusted names in banking and insurance, the Suncorp Group family provides our people with every opportunity to grow their career as they make a meaningful difference for our customers and our communities. We’re excited about what we can achieve together, working every day to be better, do more and realise the future we want to see just beyond the horizon.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for, please apply online today.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time