- Assess property damage to determine claim quantum
- Sydney Location – Sydney, Western Sydney & Central West
The Assessor role involves working with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, with a shared purpose of ‘Building futures, and protecting what matters’ for our customers.
The Assessor works closely with nominated Builders & Specialists to accurately identify loss that is covered within the customers policy, and develop appropriate, cost effective, scope of works for repairs and remediation of both building and contents items.
This work is carried out via on site and virtual meetings with customers and stakeholders, along with offsite review of documentation.
The Assessor will be involved in assessing all types of insured events, from small scale impact claims, to major fire and flood claims.
What you'll do
- Assess the property loss or damage, determine policy coverage (claim quantum, scope & schedule), work closely with builders, engineers, restorers, and scoping consultants as well as determine reserve within delegation levels
- Proactively communicate clear and accurate advice, solutions, timeframes and claim progress to stakeholders, including Customers, Client Managers, Repairers and Suppliers
- Deliver professional and brilliant service when completing on-site, desktop and virtual assessments, interacting with Customers on the Client Managers request
- Support the Client Manager to identify Customer resolution strategies to minimise Customer escalations
- Determine an appropriate claim fulfilment method that balances Customer needs with business outcomes
- Identify customers experiencing vulnerability and take appropriate action to ensure the customer is supported
- Respond to customer and stakeholder requests within expected or agreed timeframes
- Clearly document all decisions made and reasons, including ownership details, reserve changes and acceptance/rejection of claims
What you’ll bring
- Building/Trade qualifications
- Previous Property Assessing experience
- Experience in compiling scope of works
- Proven performer in customer service roles
About Suncorp Group
Suncorp Group is all about making a difference for people and in the communities, they call home. Few areas of our business are quite as foundational in making that difference as our Claims teams. They provide support and understanding for customers in some of their most challenging times, while finding outcomes that get their lives back on a healthier, happier path. That takes a special kind of person. Someone who can pick up the ins and outs of insurance processes – and deliver it to customers in a way that feels refreshingly simple. Someone who’s naturally empathetic and finds joy and pride in making a genuine difference – because you’ll be doing that.
For over 100 years Suncorp Group has been driven by our guiding Purpose – to build futures and protect what matters. To ensure we deliver on that Purpose, we’ve made a commitment, built on trust, empowerment, and flexibility – to help our people unlock their full potential and unleash their best and brightest selves. With the backing and support of some of the most trusted names in banking and insurance, the Suncorp Group family provide our people with every opportunity to grow their career as they make a meaningful difference for our customers and our communities. We’re excited about what we can achieve together, working every day to be better, do more and realise the future we want to see just beyond the horizon. You will be joining an organisation which cares and is proud of our achievements in being recognised for -
- Money magazine’s Bank of the Year and Business Bank for the fourth consecutive year (2018-2021)
- Creating our Peace of Mind Package which provides immediate financial relief for customers (2020)
- Developing our Small Business COVID-19 Relief Package to support our Insurance customers (2020)
- Member of the RE100 Global Corporate Renewable Energy Initiative (2020)
- Named an Inclusive Employer by the Diversity Council of Australia (2019-2020)
- Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for sixth consecutive year (2014-2019)
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for, please apply online today.
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone can be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time