- Key role in providing 2LOD oversight and assurance of Suncorp’s financial risks
- Permanent opportunity within a high performing team
- Brisbane or Sydney based
Welcome to a place where you can chase real progress and drive real change, that includes your own career. Being a part of Risk at Suncorp Group means being switched on, endlessly curious and always adaptable. In return, you’ll be supported to bring your own ideas to the table and challenge conventions – with the aim of making life a little brighter, simpler and better for our customers and each other.
As the Financial Risk Manager you provide 2LOD oversight and assurance of financial risks, activities and projects across the Suncorp Group.
About the Role
- Collaborate with business owners to support balance sheet management activity and capability.
- Provide 2LOD oversight and assurance of financial activities and projects across Suncorp, performing deep dives as a where required.
- Support the implementation of the projects and initiatives across the Group.
- Provide subject matter support to 1LOD and 3LOD teams to ensure risk is managed effectively.
- Provide insightful and timely financial risk analysis and reporting to the Senior Leadership Team on a quarterly and adhoc basis.
- Provide relevant and insightful briefing notes to the CRO Insurance & Financial Risk and the Chief Risk Officer to enable effective challenge.
What you need to bring to the role
- Tertiary qualifications in finance, economics, accounting or related discipline – Mandatory
- Membership with an appropriate professional body - Desired
- At least 10 years financial experience
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the economic environment facing customer segments in financial services
- Deep understanding of risk drivers
- Experience working in virtual teams and engaging with multiple a stakeholders to achieve a shared outcome (preferably within the financial services sector)
What's in it for you
- Competitive salary package
- Discounts of up to 25% on our various Insurance, Banking & Superannuation products
- Flexible working environment and arrangements; genuine focus on work-life balance
- Numerous discounts with our corporate partners (retail & shopping / travel & holiday / health & wellbeing)
- We offer support and various programs for our people: (Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health & Wellbeing, Study Support, Employee Referral Program, Facilities for nursing mothers, Company share options, Social club, Years of Service Recognition)
What you will love about working with us
Better outcomes for customers takes innovation, care and a laser focus. As part of Risk at Suncorp Group, we’re the go-getters working at the heart of some of Australia and New Zealand’s most trusted names in banking and insurance to deliver just that – and then some. Here, you’ll be equipped with all kinds of support and opportunities to make an impact, because our commitment to brightening lives extends to all our incredible people too. And in an organisation that measures success through the results we deliver for our customers, communities and each other, you’ll thrive knowing you’re making a genuine difference along the way.
Chase the sun, apply online today.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time