We’re never just satisfied with how things are – because we know how things could be. And it’s our expert Technology team who forge ahead every day to make those ‘what ifs’ a reality.
Welcome to a place where you can chase real progress and drive real change. And that includes your own career. Being a part of Technology at Suncorp Group means being switched on, endlessly curious and always adaptable. In return, you’ll be supported to bring your own ideas to the table and challenge conventions – with the aim of making life a little brighter, simpler and better for our customers and each other.
An exciting opportunity is available for a skilled Senior Software Engineer to join a high performing team within the Data Enterprise and Technology domain, to provide digital data services to marketing and technology teams. This team records and captures user data across Suncorp’s digital applications to drive marketing campaign strategies and customer profiling.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to showcase your skills and experience, this role is a fantastic opportunity!
What you’ll do:
- Work with digital marketing teams to understand digital tracking and analytics requirements.
- Work with digital development teams for data layer implementation support.
- Ongoing management and configuration of Adobe and Google Analytics implementations.
- Implement tags for 3rd party media platforms used for search, display, social and affiliate channels.
- Work closely with the marketing, UX and technology teams to design and implement tag specifications for new product features and enhancements to websites.
- Identify, diagnose and troubleshoot data quality and site tagging issues.
- Technical assessment, review and action to improve data capability and technical implementation of analytics and digital marketing tools.
- Utilise agile principles and practices.
- Perform unit and integration testing on developed code and perform peer code reviews.
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years hands on experience working with web analytics and development.
- Demonstrated experience in technical implementation of Adobe Marketing Cloud and Google Analytics platforms.
- Good technical knowledge of modern digital experience and/or digital marketing platforms, including Adobe Experience Cloud (Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, Adobe Audience Manager) and/or Google Marketing Platform (Google Analytics 360).
- Strong experience working with Tag Management software (e.g. Adobe DTM, Adobe Launch, Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Ensighten) and data layers. Experience with ensighten is preferred.
- Experience implementing web analytics solutions for single page architecture websites and mobile apps.
- Knowledge and experience implementing tagging solutions for AEM, ReactJs websites is advantageous.
- Ability to QA and troubleshoot data quality and tagging issues using appropriate diagnostic tools such as chrome developer tools, charles proxy, fiddler etc.
- Ability to work and co-ordinate with multiple teams in marketing, insights and digital sales.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to estimation of development and test effort, deployment, and release activities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in an Agile development/delivery environment.
What we can offer you:
- Discounts and offers on a range of retail favourite stores as well as banking and insurance products.
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including 16 weeks paid parental leave and unlimited paid emergency response leave.
- Invest in your brighter future with ongoing study support and career development programs.
- Give back to our communities with payroll giving, donation matching and paid volunteer leave.
- Prioritise your work/life balance with our robust employee assistance program and dedicated employee council.
About Suncorp Group:
We’re proud to be a part of the Suncorp Group family alongside some of Australia’s most trusted and diverse names in insurance. Together, we share a drive to make the complex simple and bring our customers peace of mind when it matters most – while helping to evolve and innovate the ways we can serve our community every day. That comes with all kinds of exciting opportunities for you to grow your own career. Whether you’re guiding people through life’s biggest moments or providing them with support in times they need it most, you’ll be driven forward by our shared customer obsession and supported at every step of the journey.
For over 100 years Suncorp Group has been driven by our guiding Purpose – to build futures and protect what matters. To ensure we deliver on that Purpose, we’ve made a commitment, built on trust, empowerment, and flexibility – to help our people unlock their full potential and unleash their best and brightest selves. With the backing and support of some of the most trusted names in banking and insurance, the Suncorp Group family provides our people with every opportunity to grow their career as they make a meaningful difference for our customers and our communities. We’re excited about what we can achieve together, working every day to be better, do more and realise the future we want to see just beyond the horizon.
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for, please apply online today.
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone is able to be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time