We’re never just satisfied with how things are – because we know how things could be. And it’s our expert Technology team who forge ahead every day to make those ‘what ifs’ a reality.
Welcome to a place where you can chase real progress and drive real change. And that includes your own career. Being a part of Technology at Suncorp Group means being switched on, endlessly curious and always adaptable. In return, you’ll be supported to bring your own ideas to the table and challenge conventions – with the aim of making life a little brighter, simpler and better for our customers and each other.
A great opportunity exists for an experienced Platform Engineer to champion industry best practice, solutions, and technologies, and have superior skills in delivering automated data supply chains, combining, transforming, and enriching data from multiple sources to provide value for Suncorp business consumers.
You will be a part of the high performing team within the Data & Enterprise Technology domain, working collaboratively to deliver, maintain and improve data assets, data quality, business outcomes as well as culture, and ways of working.
This is a wonderful opportunity to showcase your technical skills and bring new techniques and ways of working to a collaborative, friendly team environment.
What you’ll do:
- Drive forward the delivery, engineering decisions and data platform solutions to align to the long term strategic architectural visions.
- Ensure that platforms, systems, and services are engineered to facilitate the achievement of service objectives, including resiliency and scalability.
- Identify and implement automation or optimisation opportunities, with a focus on cost, availability, and performance.
- Lead large scale implementation of platform and services from inception through to production, maintaining quality documentation and procedures for the ongoing support of the platform.
- Share knowledge and pair with the fellow engineers in the team to maximise the team’s skills and capabilities.
- Contribute to and provide expert advice to high level designs, data models and perform investigations and validation to designs and assumptions and risks.
- Collaborate closely with Delivery Managers, Iteration Managers, Project Managers, Architects, and other leaders to deliver initiatives and products utilising lean and agile project management methods.
- Contribute to Risk management, Work Break Down and Project planning
- Implement, promote, and champion Data Engineering ways of working including and not limited to test driven, automated testing, continuous build, continuous integration, and continuous delivery & deployment.
- Setup and maintain development environments and tools including pipelines & data acquisition and provide support to the delivery team.
- Participate in the delivery of data acquisition, data transformation and data pipelines through to the point of consumption.
- Identify and deliver simplification, improvements & optimisation that will benefit delivered outcomes, people, process, and technology.
- Lead problem determination, root cause and delivery of permanent fixes / work arounds as appropriate.
- On call support as required, rostered.
What you’ll bring:
- Tertiary qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
- Excellent knowledge/experience in the application of Agile and Lean approaches.
- Experience working with cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services/Azure, and Cloud based services (including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS). Previous exposure to following technologies is highly desirable – AWS EC2, RDS, Redshift, Lambda.
- Deep experiencing assessing, selecting, and implementing Data, Automation and Platform technologies in a Cloud environment.
- Demonstrated experience of understanding security & governance challenges involved in deploying to Cloud environments.
- Solid experience in Infrastructure as Code development (Terraform, CloudFormation), DevOps philosophies and toolchains such as continuous integration and delivery.
- Solid experience with Linux/Windows system implementation and management using automation frameworks like Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of operating systems and developing and delivering platform solutions in multiple environments.
- Scripting: Source control and code development, i.e., develop and deploy software using Python.
- Experience operating and/or deploying applications in containerised environments. i.e OpenShift, Kubernetes.
- Ability to rapidly acquire an understanding of complex business problems/requirements to develop solutions and designs, regardless of existing areas of expertise or specialisation.
- Ability to define complex and innovative technical solutions to business problems with due consideration to the business problem, group synergies and commercial reality.
- Ability to take a “big picture” view to innovatively solve complex technical problems.
- Demonstrated learning agility and ability to rapidly adjust to new contexts, technologies, and trends.
- Demonstrate the embedding of security & data governance in data applications, ways of working and culture.
- Align delivered data applications & processes to ITIL and IT Service Management best practices, with particular focus on Service Design, Service Transition, supportability, and maintainability.
- Able to work collaboratively and contribute to creation of effective team environments for people to innovate and learn.
- Strong stakeholder management, planning, organisation, decision making and time management skills.
What we can offer you:
- Discounts and offers on a range of retail favourite stores as well as banking and insurance products.
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including 16 weeks paid parental leave and unlimited paid emergency response leave.
- Invest in your brighter future with ongoing study support and career development programs.
- Give back to our communities with payroll giving, donation matching and paid volunteer leave.
- Prioritise your work/life balance with our robust employee assistance program and dedicated employee council.
About Suncorp Group:
We’re proud to be a part of the Suncorp Group family alongside some of Australia’s most trusted and diverse names in insurance. Together, we share a drive to make the complex simple and bring our customers peace of mind when it matters most – while helping to evolve and innovate the ways we can serve our community every day. That comes with all kinds of exciting opportunities for you to grow your own career. Whether you’re guiding people through life’s biggest moments or providing them with support in times they need it most, you’ll be driven forward by our shared customer obsession and supported at every step of the journey.
For over 100 years Suncorp Group has been driven by our guiding Purpose – to build futures and protect what matters. To ensure we deliver on that Purpose, we’ve made a commitment, built on trust, empowerment, and flexibility – to help our people unlock their full potential and unleash their best and brightest selves. With the backing and support of some of the most trusted names in banking and insurance, the Suncorp Group family provides our people with every opportunity to grow their career as they make a meaningful difference for our customers and our communities. We’re excited about what we can achieve together, working every day to be better, do more and realise the future we want to see just beyond the horizon.
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for, please apply online today.
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone is able to be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time