We’re never just satisfied with how things are – because we know how things could be. And it’s our expert Technology team who forge ahead every day to make those ‘what ifs’ a reality.
Welcome to a place where you can chase real progress and drive real change. And that includes your own career. Being a part of Technology at Suncorp Group means being switched on, endlessly curious and always adaptable. In return, you’ll be supported to bring your own ideas to the table and challenge conventions – with the aim of making life a little brighter, simpler and better for our customers and each other.
An exciting opportunity is available for a skilled DBA to join a high performing team within the Data & Enterprise Technology domain to champion industry best practice, solutions, and technologies, and bring superior skills in delivering automated data supply chains, combining, transforming, and enriching data from multiple sources to provide value for Suncorp business consumers.
In this role, you will drive the technical vision for complex initiatives and accountable for ensuring standards, governance, and strategies across a portfolio of applications and projects. You will work closely across the team to drive performance, deliver, maintain, and improve data assets and data quality.
This is a wonderful opportunity to showcase your technical leadership skills and bring new techniques and ways of working to a collaborative, friendly team environment.
What you’ll do:
- Drive forward the delivery, data platform solutions to align to the long term strategic architectural visions.
- Ensure that platforms, systems, and services are supported to facilitate the achievement of service objectives, including resiliency and scalability.
- Lead large scale implementation of platform and services from inception through to production, maintaining quality documentation and procedures for the ongoing support of the platform.
- Contribute to and provide expert advice to high level designs, data models and perform investigations and validation to designs and assumptions and risks.
- Collaborate closely with Delivery Managers, Iteration Managers, Project Managers, Architects, and other leaders to deliver initiatives and products utilising lean and agile project management methods.
- Contribute to Risk management, Work Break Down and Project planning.
- Implement, promote, and champion Data Engineering ways of working including and not limited to test driven, automated testing, continuous build, continuous integration, and continuous delivery & deployment.
- Participate in the delivery of data acquisition, data transformation and data pipelines through to the point of consumption.
- Identify and deliver simplification, improvements & optimisation that will benefit delivered outcomes, people, process, and technology.
- Lead problem determination, root cause and delivery of permanent fixes / work arounds as appropriate.
- On call support as required, rostered.
What you’ll bring:
- Tertiary qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
- Excellent knowledge/experience in the application of Agile and Lean approaches.
- Experience working with cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services/Azure, and Cloud based services (including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
- Experience administering and automating database access and permissions in complex enterprise environments.
- Demonstrated experience of understanding security & governance challenges involved in deploying to Cloud environments.
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code development (Terraform, CloudFormation), DevOps philosophies and toolchains such as continuous integration and delivery is preferred.
- Experience with Linux/Windows system implementation and management using automation frameworks like Ansible, Puppet, etc is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of operating systems and developing and delivering platform solutions in multiple environments.
- Strong SQL Admin and tuning skills and recent experience on Db2 LUW on Unix.
- Recent experience to migration projects into the AWS cloud space implementing data warehousing solution using technologies including Redshift, DMS, Db2, Kafka.
- Independent self-starter essential, used to dealing with disparate project teams and troubleshooting skills essential.
- High level of flexibility with a strong ability to lead others successfully through cultural, process, system, and transformational change.
What we can offer you:
- Discounts and offers on a range of retail favourite stores as well as banking and insurance products.
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including 16 weeks paid parental leave and unlimited paid emergency response leave.
- Invest in your brighter future with ongoing study support and career development programs.
- Give back to our communities with payroll giving, donation matching and paid volunteer leave.
- Prioritise your work/life balance with our robust employee assistance program and dedicated employee council.
About Suncorp Group:
We’re proud to be a part of the Suncorp Group family alongside some of Australia’s most trusted and diverse names in insurance. Together, we share a drive to make the complex simple and bring our customers peace of mind when it matters most – while helping to evolve and innovate the ways we can serve our community every day. That comes with all kinds of exciting opportunities for you to grow your own career. Whether you’re guiding people through life’s biggest moments or providing them with support in times they need it most, you’ll be driven forward by our shared customer obsession and supported at every step of the journey.
For over 100 years Suncorp Group has been driven by our guiding Purpose – to build futures and protect what matters. To ensure we deliver on that Purpose, we’ve made a commitment, built on trust, empowerment, and flexibility – to help our people unlock their full potential and unleash their best and brightest selves. With the backing and support of some of the most trusted names in banking and insurance, the Suncorp Group family provides our people with every opportunity to grow their career as they make a meaningful difference for our customers and our communities. We’re excited about what we can achieve together, working every day to be better, do more and realise the future we want to see just beyond the horizon.
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for, please apply online today.
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone is able to be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time