Are you passionate about helping people? Do you thrive on providing exceptional service to customers during their times of need? We're seeking dedicated individuals to join our team and make a meaningful impact in the world of CTP insurance. If you're looking for a rewarding career where you work closely with injured parties, healthcare professionals and legal representatives to ensure the best possible outcomes for our customers, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
Your new role
We are looking for a dedicated Complex Claims Advisor to join our dynamic Brisbane based team. As a member of our Complex CTP Claim team, you will play a crucial role in our department, responsibilities including -
- Manage a portfolio of major injury and complex claims from lodgement to resolution
- Assess claims for reasonable and appropriate treatment and rehabilitation needs
- Investigate claims and interpret medical documents with a focus on proactive claims management
- Ensure legislative compliance timeframes are met in conjunction with following all internal policies and procedures
- Provide an excellent level of customer service to all internal and external stakeholders
- Calculate settlement offers, negotiate settlements and attend settlement conferences with lawyers and Counsel
- Build effective working relationships with internal stakeholders to discuss and seek advice in relation to claims decisions, including decisions relating to rehabilitation and file strategy to ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded
- Exhibit and continuously expand knowledge on claims strategy through mentoring and coaching opportunities
- Display behaviours that contribute and drive a positive culture
Important to your Success
- Be customer focussed - previous experience and ability to thrive within in a high paced, high volume environment
- Resilient in nature
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills (including managing emotionally charged situations)
- Strong time management, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Confident to make decisions and be empowered
- A keen willingness to learn with a proactive and positive attitude
- Good computer skills and the ability to upskill to learn new computer systems and programs
- Knowledge and/or experience in the personal injury or insurance industry is desirable
What we offer you
Suncorp's employee benefits are designed to support, empower and reward our people.
Some of our benefits include:
- Hybrid working – a mix of working from home and in the office to enhance your work/life balance
Brand new, award winning building – “Heritage Lanes” https://www.heritage-lanes.com.au/
- Employee discounts and rewards - exclusive offers on more than 400 of Australia’s large retailers including Myer, David Jones, Coles and Woolworths. We also offer discounts across our brands and various products including Suncorp Bank, Suncorp Insurance, AAMI, Shannons, Apia and GIO.
- Study support - We encourage external learning and offer study support to eligible employees, so you can continue to broaden your career opportunities while you work.
- Parental Leave - All permanent employees who are primary carers are offered 20 weeks parental leave.
- Wellness - We offer a wide range of initiatives to promote our employees’ health and financial wellbeing. This includes discounts on major brand health insurance, as well as discounted gym membership plans for our people.
- Give back – Give back to our community with payroll giving, donation matching and paid volunteer leave
Find our full list of employee benefits here - Employee benefits | Suncorp Group
At Suncorp, our purpose has been at the core of our business for over 100 years. To deliver exceptional experiences we’ve had to become even more customer obsessed, innovative and performance driven than ever before.
Delivering on our purpose has always meant putting words into action. Building futures and protecting what matters is why we’re here. Caring for others, being courageous and doing the right thing underpins everything we do.
Chase the sun, apply online today!
At Suncorp, we are committed to building futures and protecting what matters. We value the unique experiences, insights and diverse workforce that benefits our people, our business, and our customers. We’d love to see your application and speak with you even if you do not match the above mentioned.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time