- Unique opportunity to work with a leading Australian Insurer on a NetZero program
- End to end project accountability and high visibility/stakeholder engagement across the business
- 12 month fixed term contract with possibility to extend
We’re never just satisfied with how things are – because we know how things could be. And it’s our expert Technology team who forge ahead every day to make those ‘what ifs’ a reality.
Welcome to a place where you can chase real progress and drive real change. And that includes your own career. Being a part of Technology at Suncorp Group means being switched on, endlessly curious and always adaptable. In return, you’ll be supported to bring your own ideas to the table and challenge conventions – with the aim of making life a little brighter, simpler and better for our customers and each other.
Overview of the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven Senior Project Manager with some previous exposure to Net Zero to join Suncorp on an initial 12-month fixed term contract, with a view to extending or moving onto other large projects thereafter.
Working closely with the business, you will have experience as part of a team on large complex programs of work with multiple interdependencies and streams/projects running concurrently, to satisfy business strategies and objectives.
To be successful in this role you will have the ability to get things done, using your strong relationship building and stakeholder engagement skills. You will liaise with all levels of employees including Executive Managers and C-Suite.
This is a great time to be joining Suncorp as we invest in leading innovation and technology transformation.
What you’ll do:
Ensure the project is on schedule and within budget, which will require the balancing of time constraints, scope management, risk management and quality adherence to deliver key benefit targets.
Key activities include:
- Defining, and obtaining executive management sign off on project scope, key deliverables and outcomes.
- Project status reporting and tracking from beginning to end.
- Developing a program wide view of the risks, issues, and dependencies, including regular reporting and escalation as required.
- Stakeholder engagement – developing relationships with key program and business stakeholders, including those with dependant initiatives across the Group.
- Managing multiple concurrent objectives, streams, groups or activities, making effective judgements as to prioritising and time allocation.
- Identification and management of project dependencies and critical path.
- Manage and monitor the project budget and financial reporting, ensuring expenditure is within budget, with variations identified and reported early.
- Optimisation program resources in collaboration with relevant business, project and technology stakeholders.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 5+ years senior project management experience within the Insurance industry
- Previous exposure/experience with Net Zero
- Excellent stakeholder engagement ranging from C-suite through to the project team.
- Experienced in various project management disciplines – PMBOK, Agile etc.
- Experience in building successful business relationships at all levels.
- Experience in working as a management team.
- Strong financial management experience essential
What we can offer you:
- Discounts and offers on a range of retail favourite stores as well as banking and insurance products.
- A range of flexible working and leave options
- Invest in your brighter future with ongoing study support and career development programs.
- Give back to our communities with payroll giving, donation matching and paid volunteer leave.
- Prioritise your work/life balance with our robust employee assistance program and dedicated employee council.
About Suncorp Group:
We’re proud to be a part of the Suncorp Group family alongside some of Australia’s most trusted and diverse names in banking. Together, we share a drive to make the complex simple and bring our customers peace of mind when it matters most – while helping to evolve and innovate the ways we can serve our community every day. That comes with all kinds of exciting opportunities for you to grow your own career. Whether you’re guiding people through life’s biggest moments or providing them with support in times they need it most, you’ll be driven forward by our shared customer obsession and supported at every step of the journey.
For over 100 years Suncorp Group has been driven by our guiding Purpose – to build futures and protect what matters. To ensure we deliver on that Purpose, we’ve made a commitment, built on trust, empowerment, and flexibility – to help our people unlock their full potential and unleash their best and brightest selves. With the backing and support of some of the most trusted names in banking and insurance, the Suncorp Group family provides our people with every opportunity to grow their career as they make a meaningful difference for our customers and our communities. We’re excited about what we can achieve together, working every day to be better, do more and realise the future we want to see just beyond the horizon.
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for, please apply online today.
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone can be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time