The Matilda Bay brewery and pub will be built on the site currently occupied by Giant Steps winery and restaurant, which is owned by Phil Sexton. Construction is expected to start in the coming weeks and the brewery is expected to be operational by the end of the year.
It will exclusively develop and brew a new Matilda Bay range and some Matilda Bay classics such as Redback and Dogbolter.
Brewing exceptional beers, bringing new brews to life and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us!
Matilda Bay Brewery, the grandfather of Australian Craft Beer is seeking passionate and ambitious Assistant Managers to join the team in their brand new home and help create the next chapter!
Reporting to the Venue Manager you will assist and take a hands on approach and be able to understand and execute the successful inner workings of a high traffic venue.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- Responsible for delivering exceptional quality and service and identifying and innovate ideas for improvement in customer experiences, venue presentation and F&B quality
- Recruitment/training/rostering /supervision/performance and development of all FOH/BOH staff and creating a great workplace culture
- Succession planning and outlining work plans so the team have clear goals and objectives
- Driving policies /compliance and OHS throughout the venue including RSA laws
- Responsible for maintaining BOH functions including financials, labour, stock, repairs, maintenance and cleanliness.
- Maximising food and beverage sales in a manner high enough to guarantee repeat business
You are energetic, ambitious, and seeking an impactful career that continuously challenge you. You enjoy being part of growing, innovative business and have a passion for the craft beer industry. You bring…
- A strong hospitality background in a similar role with proven experience in leading and managing teams in the food and beverage market, especially beer!
- A team player who has a continuous improvement approach and growth/inspiring mindset
- You will be resilient and adapt to changing environments and trends with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and decision making
- Genuine desire to build a connection and engage with the local community
- Of course you’ll be a great communicator who enjoys a fun and lively culture
About Matilda Bay
Matilda Bay is Australia’s original craft brewery, founded in Fremantle in 1983 by ex-Swan brewer Phil Sexton and friends, inspired by the amazing range and styles of beer brewed in the UK and Europe.
The first beers were brewed from a micro-brewery installed inside the Sail & Anchor Hotel, and introduced locals to a variety of small batch, hand crafted beers which delighted the palate and provided a welcome change in a time when choice was limited to a bare few mass produced lagers.
In 1986, Matilda Bay launched Australia’s first wheat beer, Redback Original, and over many years the stable grew to include iconic and award winning craft beers such as Dogbolter Dark Lager, Alpha Pale Ale, Bohemian Pilsner, and the quirky Beez Neez.
The brewery is as well travelled as its founders, based initially in Fremantle, before following Phil across the country now calling Victoria’s pristine Yarra Valley home.
Matilda Bay lit the match for Australian beer drinkers, and the flame burns stronger by the day, laying the foundation for all to follow, in what has become a thriving and globally admired craft beer scene.
If you are ready to be part of the exciting relaunch of Matilda Bay, we’d love to hear from you.