The Marketing Manager role is a newly created position. The role will be responsible for the end to end marketing of the Matilda Bay brand and the newly established brewery and pub, in the Yarra Valley. It will focus on generating broad awareness and driving product trial and ongoing sales. The role will report to the Founder and CEO of Matilda Bay, Phil Sexton.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- Management of Matilda Bay’s social media accounts including strategy, content development and community management (Facebook, Instagram)
- Develop trade marketing programs and materials to drive sales.
- Develop the sponsorship and events strategy and deliver an agreed calendar of events
- Leading the annual brand planning process and review monthly commercial performance.
- Managing the annual marketing budget
The Matilda Bay brewery and pub will be built on the site currently occupied by Giant Steps winery and restaurant (which is relocating). Construction is expected to start in the coming weeks and the brewery is expected to be operational by the end of the year.
The brewery is beautifully positioned in Healesville in the Yarra Valley, an hour east of Melbourne, and will have a pub attached. It will exclusively develop and brew a new Matilda Bay range and some Matilda Bay classics such as Redback and Dogbolter.
You are an energetic, hands-on go-getter, seeking a new and exciting challenge. You enjoy being part of the Yarra Valley local community and have a passion for the hospitality industry. If building a new business from the ground up gets you excited, then help us create the next chapter of the Matilda Bay story. You bring…
- 3-5 years Social Media Marketing experience
- A degree in Marketing / Business / Hospitality
- A background in trade marketing, events or hospitality
- Enjoys working in a start- up environment, and loves working as a team
- Passion for quality Food & Beverage
- The ability to use design programs such as Adobe would be an advantage
- Must be willing to commute daily to Healesville, VIC
About Matilda Bay
Matilda Bay is Australia’s original craft brewery, founded in Fremantle in 1983 by ex-Swan brewer Phil Sexton and friends, inspired by the amazing range and styles of beer brewed in the UK and Europe.
The first beers were brewed from a micro-brewery installed inside the Sail & Anchor Hotel, and introduced locals to a variety of small batch, hand crafted beers which delighted the palate and provided a welcome change in a time when choice was limited to a bare few mass produced lagers.
In 1986, Matilda Bay launched Australia’s first wheat beer, Redback Original, and over many years the stable grew to include iconic and award winning craft beers such as Dogbolter Dark Lager, Alpha Pale Ale, Bohemian Pilsner, and the quirky Beez Neez.
The brewery is as well travelled as its founders, based initially in Fremantle, before following Phil across the country now calling Victoria’s pristine Yarra Valley home.
Matilda Bay lit the match for Australian beer drinkers, and the flame burns stronger by the day, laying the foundation for all to follow, in what has become a thriving and globally admired craft beer scene.
If you are ready to be part of the exciting relaunch of Matilda Bay, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: you will be redirected to the CUB careers page to submit your application