We’re looking for a passionate and outgoing Wine Ambassador to be part of the new R!OT Wine Co venture to help us surf this national growth wave!
As part of the Riot Wine Co Team, you will be responsible for supporting the growth of distribution, volume and brand experience through the delivery of training, brand activations and customer immersion sessions.
Your key accountabilities will be:
• Own and manage day to education of Riot/CUB Stakeholders as well as provide best training and education to large customers groups, venue staff on wine styles, notes and quality.
• Build enduring effective relationships with customers including chefs, wine sommeliers and venue owners on wine menu/food & wine matching recommendations
• Partners with the sales/trade marketing to understand customer account/venues & identify launch plans and opportunities to promote solutions.
• Attend, manage & participate in brand experience promotions and support the capability build in our wine portfolio/brand programs and promotions.
• Confident in hosting food and wine matching events because you’re awesome!
You are a motivated and engaging person with a passion for the wine/beverage and food industry. You have ability to think outside the square and to forge strong relationships with the business to deliver results.
A natural leader, your proven influencing skills and ability to confidently build relationships will allow you to succeed when driving results.
To be successful in this role you bring:
• Tertiary qualified with Certified Sommelier or WSET Cert 2 or group wine buyer equivalent will be an advantage and of course RSA certified.
• Proficient technical knowledge of the wine industry including product, styles, notes varietals, wine making process and viticulture
• Ability to turn observations into value-adding insights for sales team by having insightful marketing and customer knowledge.
• High degree of self-management and ability to operate autonomously in a impactful way
• Strong knowledge & /or usage of social media platforms
Who we are
R!OT Wine Co is the smartest innovation to happen to wine since the invention of the screw cap! Riot Wine Co makes great wines produced exclusively for serving on tap in venues replacing the existing, sub par, by-the-glass offering. Wine on tap delivers fresh, low preservative, sustainable, great tasting wines in kegs and cans.
Launched in 2016, the Rose on tap is a huge hit, so we know we’re on to something big. Carlton & United Breweries (CUB) has recently acquired us and now we’re ready to spread the movement further, all whilst expanding, building a packaging facility and integrating with our new owner.
So if you’re seriously motivated to instigate change, bored with the same old thing, and ready to get in on the ground floor to be a part of the wine on-tap and wine in can movement, help it come to life at Riot Wine Co, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: you will be redirected to the CUB careers page to submit your application