Melbourne Water is a significant business. We manage water supply catchments, sewage, along with rivers, creeks and major drainage systems. This role within the Asset Management Services Team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a positive work environment; one where people can learn and perform to their full potential and are committed to our vision of enhancing life and liveability.
In this permanent, full time role as the Senior Asset Practitioner – Water Quality you will be responsible for shaping the way that Melbourne’s storm water quality treatment systems are managed for water quality outcomes in our regions waterways and bays.
You will support the Area Lead Waterways in applying best practice natural resource/waterway/asset management approaches to developing integrated 3-5 year rolling investment programs for storm water quality treatment assets that deliver the required waterways and bays water quality outcomes in line with the Port Phillip and Westernport Healthy Waterways Strategy.
We aim to make roles flexible, and whilst roles are advertised as fulltime we will consider requests for flexible work arrangements, including part time and job share.
Your Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills, which add value to business and customers.
- Proven coordination, prioritisation and time management skills that deliver on long-term objectives while managing day-to-day challenges within tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment working in a complex and multi-agency environment.
- Knowledge of waterway water quality and storm water quality issues and opportunities; and experience in developing and applying appropriate management interventions.
- Experience with the application of risk-based techniques to identify the need for and type of management intervention; and in prioritising subsequent works programs.
- Experience in developing and implementing pragmatic condition and performance assessments that collect data to inform and improve decision-making (e.g. monitoring, evaluation, reporting and improvement).
Your ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is required along with a tertiary qualification in Ecology/Biological Sciences/Natural Resource Management, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
For more information, please see the attached Position Description: Position Description - Senior Asset Practitioner Water Quality - March 2018.pdf
Working at Melbourne Water
Working at Melbourne Water, you will be part of a talented, passionate team dedicated to enhancing liveability in Melbourne and beyond. You’ll do truly meaningful work in a supportive, constructive culture that encourages you to make the most of your individual talents.
We provide a range of initiatives and benefits to make help our people thrive professionally and personally.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working, offering a variety of flexible arrangements to suit you and us, understanding that it brings with it customer and business benefits as well as helping individual employees achieve a good work–life fit.
Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Melbourne Water a great place to work. We are committed to creating a workforce which reflects the incredibly diverse customers and communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone including Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander people, Women, People with a disability, mature age job seekers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
How to apply
Click on the "apply" button and complete the online application form.
Closing date: 29th April 2018 at 11:55pm AEST