Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess in joint venture with local contractor Khishig Arvin, secured the first underground decline project at the Rio Tinto operated Oyu Tolgoi copper and gold project in Mongolia’s southern Gobi desert.
About the role
The Underground Electrical Superintendent provides strategic direction and leadership for all mining activities while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager and based on site on a 29/14 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include;
- Contribute to the provision of a comprehensive electrical service within the project.
- To undertake, monitor and supervise electrical engineering works
- To programme and respond to reactive maintenance along with the supervision of contractors, the issuing of permits to work, where required, the switching & isolation of electrical services.
- To oversee and commission new plant together with the testing & monitoring of existing installations
- Undertaking cyclical surveys of the estate for plant, machinery and equipment, to determine condition and establish priorities for future maintenance programmes and energy efficiency opportunities.
- Undertake statutory inspections to ensureall electrical services comply with all relevant legislation and health and safety requirements.
- Contribute to the introduction of energy saving initiatives and promote works to achieve increased efficiency and reduce costs. Undertake feasibility studies, related survey work and reports for consideration.
- To liaise and co-ordinate with others and prepare project briefs, specifications and other related documentation for the purposes of tendering works and subsequent management of all aspects of resultant contracts. Including as appropriate, team member, and project users.
- Ensure effective safety & environmental controls are implemented prior to, and during scheduled works through consultation with the Environmental and Safety Advisors
- Trade Qualification or Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role within mining or construction industries
- Detailed experience in electrical power, lighting and communication systems to buildings and fixed plant equipment
- Experience with maintenance planning, maintenance strategies and resource planning
- Demonstrated experience with personnel supervision, scheduling, forecasting and budgeting
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 28 February 2019.