Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
The Ukhaa Khudag (UHG) coal mine in Mongolia’s south Gobi Desert is the most remote site in Thiess’ global mining portfolio. Thiess are responsible for all mining operations at UHG commencing with the project in 2008.
About the role
As the new Maintenance Superintendent reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
With a 4 w/ 2 w FIFO roster from your closet capital city, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
Some of your duties will include;
- Provide direction to the maintenance of all mobile plant equipment on site to ensure compliance to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) specifications and Thiess standards in a safe, efficient, cost effective and innovative manner
- Manage, influence and empower direct reports to execute the planned works and use initiative for problem solving on equipment to ensure performance targets are achieved
- Ensure comprehensive records are established and maintained to assist decision making
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve reliability and availability levels
- Liaise with all internal stakeholders to enhance coordination between the maintenance, mining and CHPP departments by maintaining strong working relationships with relevant personnel
- Mechanical Trade Qualification or Engineering Degree preferred
- Substantial experience with Mobile Plant maintenance in an open cut mining environment
- Demonstrated experience supervising a site based maintenance team
- Working knowledge of maintenance planning and condition monitoring
- Proficient in MS Office, financial and scheduling packages
- Strong written and oral communications skills
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 14 April 2019.