Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Since October 2008, Thiess Indonesia has been operating for the development and operation of a coal mine located near Melak in East Kalimantan and owned by the Bayan Resources Group.
About the role
The Senior Engineer Environmental, QA & Construction provides the implementation of Environmental, Quality and Construction management requirement while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Superintendent Technical Services and based on Melak Coal Mine Project on a 4/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include;
- To plan and ensure Environmental, Construction, and Quality are in line with project’s target
- Develop, manage, communicate, implement, maintain, audit and review Quality & Environmental Management Plan consistently to meet ISO14001 requirements
- Develop, manage, communicate, implement, maintain, audit and review quality & environmental management procedures and support their implementation so as to achieve the quality & environmental objectives targets set for the Project
- To maintain the ISO9001 & ISO14001 requirements consistently to Thiess Quality & Environmental Management Plan and its performance for the project during the audit
- To ensure Quality & Environmental Management Plan meet the ISO9001 & ISO14001 requirements consistently and maintain its performance for the project during the audit
- Actively contribute to a positive teamwork environment at all times
- Manage, implement, maintain, audit and review on a regular basis procedures for, site environmental management.
- Ensure any NCR and CAR raised is closed out in time.
- Ensure advice on environmental regulation and requirements are provided in time and accurately to ensure quality decisions can be made using accurate knowledge & practices.
- Develop Environmental Management System based on AMDAL, RKL and RPL or UKL and UPL for the site that conforms to the requirements of ISO14001 the company, client and comply with regulatory authorities.
- Monitor reclamation activities to ensure the mine reclamation targets are achieved to match the mine plan.
- Monitoring and controlling Water Management Plan in a line to long term Mine Planning
- Monitoring and controlling hydrocarbon and waste management performance in accordance with environmental management plan
- Ensure all subcontractors follow the environmental regulations.
- Provide QA & Environmental reports in timely manner.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Degree in Environmental Engineering or Forestry Management/Engineering; “Pratama” Certification – Mine and Energy Department – preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years professional experience in large open cut mining operation of which at least 3 years in same role as Senior Engineer Environmental, Quality and Construction ; Has supervision/ management role experiences
- Have an experience as auditor of Environmental Management System ISO 14001 : 2004
- Proficient in Computer literacy, English, Government regulation relates safety and environmental and the implementation
- Environmental management system
- Environmental audit and inspection, AMDAL, UKL, UPL
- Environmental monitoring and measuring
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 31 May 2019.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.