Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess Indonesia has been providing operation and development of MSJ Coal Mine Project located at Kutai Kertanegara, East Kalimantan, owned Harum Energy Group.
About the role
The Senior Accountant Finance provides competent and professional Finance & Accounting functions to ensure the targets set by the Project are met on time while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Superintendent Commercial/ Cost Control and based on Project on a 4/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- Manage the collection and reporting of all costs, invoicing and collection of debts in accordance Thiess Values and TMS in a proactive and efficient manner;
- Analyses, calculates and allocates inter-departmental charges for various expenditures, performs comprehensive financial activity studies and assures compliance with reporting requirements;
- Supervise activity & control costs in/out, Plant Administration, Payroll and Accounting: responsible for the Rate Strategist and Accounting functions include Billing and Collections; Financial Statements; Ledger Postings (GL); Tax; Vendor Payments; and Interfacing with Outsourcers;
- The Senior Accountant will ensure authentic, accurate, and timely input/output of data into the general ledger as well as ensure efficient and effective coding and cost classification systems for the presentation of financial reports;
- Responsible for tracking expenses in accordance with rates and regulations, preparing and filing financial reports with regulators, and supporting rate cases;
- Take & give solution of the matter in Account department;
- Give solution of the matter in JDE System Account section;
What skills and experience do you need?
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or a related discipline;
- Have been working for a major organisation, preferably in the mining, manufacturing or related industry with 10 years working experience and has minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar senior role as Senior Supervisor Accountant Finance;
- Have strong financial and management accounting;
- Understanding of the business, sets a growth/profit strategy outside the normal paradigm to achieve significant business/project results;
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement;
- Avoid situation resulting in a conflict of interest, bribery or the use of inducements to secure business;
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, statutory obligations and Thiess policy;
- Good in written and spoken English language skills; Proficient in computer literacy; strong leadership skill and strong Mentoring skills; have good interpersonal and open communication; have the confidence to deal with people at all levels of the organization; proactive; team player; good analytical skills; and negotiation skills.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognize the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 28 July 2019.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.