Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has been providing total mining solutions at Gunung Bara Utama (GBU) Coal Mine Project in the West Kutai region, East Kalimantan Indonesia.
About the role
The Supervisor Mining provides Leadership supervisions in the workplace of the removal of overburden/inter-burden while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Senior Supervisor Mining and based on site on a 28/14 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and result.
Some of your duties will include:
- Coordinating all line supervisions in the workplace of the removal of overburden/inter-burden in a safe, effective manner on time and within budget in a designated area;
- To actively coordinate with trainer to achieve productivity and production;
- To lead, organise and provide direction for employees to ensure outstanding performance is achieved in people performance, HSE&Q outcomes and the business results. Set an example for all in the workplace to follow in safety, leadership, attendance and personal behaviour.
- Maintain and facilitate clear communication with all stakeholders, clients, customers, suppliers with respect to operational capability, performance, and resource requirements.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Applicants should have a minimum graduated from Senior High School or Degree in Mining/Civil Engineering is preferred; requires a minimum 5 years' professional experience in similar role as Supervisor Mining in large open cut mining operation;
- Mining heavy industry experience is essential; could operate mining equipment;
- Good leadership and people management skills preferably with training in staff supervision; have ability in resource planning and OHS&E supervision; excellent interpersonal and communication skills for both oral and written in English; be able to operate computer; conflict resolution; sound decision making skills; Posses POP (Pengawas Operasional Pratama) certification at Mine and Energy Department; be able to work on shift roster (day and night shift).
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognize the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on April 26th, 2019
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.