Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Since 2003, Thiess in Indonesia has operated open pits at the Sangatta Mine Project, one of the world’s largest thermal coal reserves under a life of mine contract.
About the role
The Supervisor Welding provides competent and professional Welding Heavy Equipment functions to ensure the targets set by the Project are met on time while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Senior Supervisor Welding and based on Project on a 6:3 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- The scope of your role will include but not be limited to ensure all welding machines are in good working order and condition;
- To monitor NDT crack testing on big digger, Cracks inspection and follow up repair as required;
- To monitor NDT crack testing on all dump Trucks, crack inspection checks prior units servicing and recorded in system and follow up repair as required;
- To ensure do Bucket crack inspection and GET on big digger at mining rest time;
- To Monitor Small digger Bucket, Blade on Dozers NDT test and follow up replacement or repair schedule;
- Ensure that the correct work procedures are used for Cracks repairs and keep good quality of repairs;
- Monitor and maintain importance all welding and electrical tools keep it good condition and replacement is requiring if necessary and proper use;
- Ensure all welding machines are in good working order and condition;
- Ensure all oxy acet sets and hoses in good conditions including flash back arresters and all oxy acet equipment; ensure all welding PPE is worn and in good condition;
- Monitor welding consumables and maintain stocks;
- Maintain good working environment and to communicate any grievances to Supervisor.
- Design according to the best available geotechnical advice;
- Liaison with client and consultant mining engineers.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum Degree in Senior High School
- Minimum 3 years' experience as Supervisor Welding in Coal Mining Industry and Heavy Equipment Industry;
- Have good management, good leadership skill and communication skills, proactive, initiative & innovative and able to work under pressure are preferred character traits.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognize the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 24 November 2019.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.