Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with head office in Jakarta and support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training center.
About the role
The Coordinator Occupational Health & Hygiene will coordinate and be involved in occupational health hygiene audits and monitoring to ensure compliance to country health exposure legislation and Thiess occupational health and hygiene standards while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Manager HSS and based on Jakarta Head Office / Balikpapan Support Facility on a 5/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- Coordinate and be involved in occupational health hygiene audits and monitoring to ensure compliance to country health exposure legislation and Thiess occupational health and hygiene standards;
- Investigate and follow up on health exposure non-conformances, and corrective actions related to reducing occupational health exposure risks;
- Assist in the monitoring of rehabilitation patients and emergency/medical response preparedness;
- Provide Occupational Health & Hygiene guidance, direction and mentoring to project occupational health stakeholders;
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with Occupational Health and Hygiene stakeholders;
- Instruct and mentor paramedic and safety staff on occupational health and hygiene risks and controls;
- Review, modify and implement improvements to Occupational Health & Hygiene Systems;
- Monitor and review new technologies or innovation in Occupational Health & Hygiene;
- Assist Project Management Team to implement Occupational Health and Hygiene improvement initiatives;
- Monitor & Review quality of occupational health & hygiene incident reports;
- Monitor, review and coordinate procedure or system updates based on new legislation or regulations related to Occupational Health & Hygiene.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Tertiary Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental qualifications or equivalent relevant experience; knowledge of open pit coal mining; exposure to workshop facilities
- The candidate should possess Safety System Trainings (Investigation, Risk Assessment)
- Possess or be willing to obtain strong knowledge about Occupational Health and Hygiene Standard, OHSAS 18001, SMK3, SMKP, Safety Auditor, risk management process and government safety regulation; understand about HSE standard on mining and plant activities; Familiar with Safety management at all levels
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; good in coaching/mentoring and negotiation/mediation; good analytical; conflict resolution; sound decision making skills; excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written and computer literate
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 31 October 2019.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.