Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training centre.
About the role
The Specialist Training - Lifting is responsible to train and assess TCI employees in mining projects for all aspects of lifting equipment while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Superintendent Technical Support and based on Balikpapan Services Facilities on a 5/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- To train and assess TCI employees in mining projects for all aspects of lifting equipment: mobile crane, forklift, crane truck, tele handler, elevated work platform and overhead crane training, lifting study in order to achieve optimum safety best performance and maximum productivity with a high focus on safety and to ensure that TCI lifting equipment training requirements are being conducted in accordance with the TGS;
- Plan Lifitng Equipment training activities with minimal disruption to production activities in order that training facilities and resources are optimised;
- Assist in the design, review or update of lifting equipment-training material which is relevant to used competency standards;
- Actively involved in maintain and monitor of training equipment used for training activities and provide report to superiors when noncompliance found;
- Provide accurate report and feedback of training activities to site supervision and TCI Training & Development supervisors in order to keep the alignment systems between training & development and sites and assist in database improvement.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum graduated from Senior High School/ vocational school or similar with minimum of 5 years’ experience within the mining and/or construction industry as a mobile crane trainer or previous Supervisory experience required with Lifting equipment’s OHS License (SIO) class I including other lifting support equipment: crane truck, overhead crane, forklift, telehandler and elevated work platform;
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training; Rigging Inspector certificate and Crane Inspector Certificate is preferred.
- Strong communication skills; facilitation skills; presentation skills; computer and English literacy; have self-confident, familiar with work in under pressure;
- Contract employment based.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 15 February 2020.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.