Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training centre.
About the role
The Accountant Plant is responsible for daily operational of Plant Finance & Administration while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Senior Management Accountant and based on Jakarta Head Office on a 5/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- Responsible for daily operational of Plant Finance & Administration related to Cost Control, Document control, Invoices, Lease documents administration, Disposal of Plant equipment, Capitalise Plant Equipment, Time entries, Journal & Accrual, JDE processing, GL Reconciliation and Other financial and administration function associated with Plant Administration in Jakarta
- Processing Plant Equipment documentation records and management unit file system.
- Manage invoice records and distribution to other department.
- Lease documentation administration
- Prepare GL Reconciliation
- Prepare Plant Monthly reporting for Financial Reporting purpose.
- Perform cost control for Plant Overhead, maintain and manage account schedules
- Assist with Ad hoc reporting
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum Degree in Accounting, Administration or a similar discipline together with strong operational experience, and have no less than 3 years working experiences in System/Cost Accounting, Admin Project Accounting
- Advance user of Microsoft Office
- Have experience in mining industry is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Self motivated, hard working and attention to detail
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 8 March 2020.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.