Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training centre.
About the role
The Coordinator OHS provides the implementation of healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Superintendent OHS and based on Melak Coal Mine Project on a 4/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- Provide direction, advice, assistance and materials to Department Heads to helps them fulfil their Safety responsibilities;
- Leasing with the project Safety Superintendent to identify programs to ensure Safety compliance;
- Conducting internal monthly audits of all department and subcontractor;
- Formulating continues safety improvement program and monitor of the implementation of the program;
- Participating in and conducting risk assessments and participating in risk assessment programmes were required;
- Promoting safety through safety training, coaching supervisor to build their capability with regard to work safely;
- Ensuring that accurate Safety records are always available for Auditing.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Have a minimum Tertiary Education or Strata 1 from Occupational Health and Safety discipline;
- 7 years' experience in open pit coal mining area as Safety Coordinator position;
- Having strong knowledge about Safety, Health & Quality (HSQ) Standard, OHSAS 18001, SMK3, SMKP, Safety Auditor, risk management process; familiar with Safety management at all levels;
- Strong leadership, self-motivated, honest, ability to influence, innovative and problem solving, good behaviour and can work individually and team work; Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written and computer literate.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 25 June 2021.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.