Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has been providing total mining solutions at Gunung Bara Utama (GBU) Coal Mine Project in the West Kutai region, East Kalimantan Indonesia.
About the role
The Superintendent Plant Aux & Medium Truck will ensure that the Maintenance Department goals are achieved while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Superintendent Plant Operation and based on site on a 28/14 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and result.
Some of your duties will include:
- To ensure that the Maintenance Department goals are achieved MA>90 %, MTBS>60 hours Zero LTI, by following the procedures which are set up in TGS.
- Communication and reporting. Ensure maximum communication levels are maintained between workshop and operations personnel regarding breakdowns safety issues and prioritizing of the equipment repairs.
- Ensure that all Supervisors to complete accurately the daily breakdown report, Supervisor Shift report, mechanical inspection complete with the part required to address all known work, breakdown and planned Maintenance are submitted to Planning and Admin every day. Ensure that all Supervisors complete the accurate breakdown hours and repair information.
- Ensure that daily maintenance schedule and refueling are carried out in safe and monitored.
- Review tyre report that needs to be controlled properly.
- Analysis of component condition and recommendation of parts required. Ensure that the correct procedures are used when breakdowns and failures troubleshooting.
- Planning and Coordination of shutdown work in cooperation with Planning Department. Ensure all repairs are carried out in and effective cost and timely manner.
- Investigation and reporting of all incidents damaged to all equipment in the field and associated area, this is included for the operator abuse.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employees by ensuring all activities are carried out according to the work procedures in the TMS and GBU Project Management Plan.
- Ensure that there is no impact for the environment from the activities that are carried out to operate and repair equipment by ensuring the procedures in the TMS and GBU Management Plan are in place.
- Ensure that all maintenance tasks are carried out in safe, timely and cost effective manner.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum Maintenance Trade/ Engineering Degree level qualifications.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in large open cut mining operation of which at least one or 3 years in Mechanical repair/service supervision/ management role.
- Be able to communicate well, be able to disciple people
- Logical thinking
- People handling skill diagnostic skills in all aspects of mechanical repairs
- Basic computer skill
- First aid
- Mechanic experience on Cat, Komatsu, Liebherr, Coal hauling and lifting equipment
- Knowledge of welding procedures
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognize the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on December 7th, 2020
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.