Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has been providing total mining solutions at Toka Tindung Gold Mine Project in the North Sulawesi, Indonesia.
About the role
The Senior Engineer Mining provides competent and professional long term mine planning while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Project Manager and based on site on a 6/3 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and result.
Some of your duties will include:
- Provide technical design and support for mining engineering activities to maximize productivities in the most cost effective and efficient manner;
- Ensuring a safe professional environment is maintained;
- Provide daily advice to production personnel on the required direction of mining to achieve scheduled sequences and targets;
- Coordination with Senior Mining Supervisor to ensure OB quality;
- Coordination with Drill and Blast Engineer and Supervisor to manage blasting sequence;
- Manage cost of drilling and blasting;
- Coordination with client and Senior Mining Supervisor to ensure mine sequence, dump sequence following pit design and productivity achievement;
- Weekly coordination with client and Senior Mining Supervisor regarding equipment allocation, production targets, mine sequence, etc.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum of Bachelor degree of Mine Engineering;
- Minimum of 7 years in site experience;
- Proficient in mining principles, mine design concepts & operations in both coal, mine operation regulatory requirements;
- Proven skills in Mine Scheduling tools utilising software such as Minescape and Xpac will be an advantage
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, good analytical and focus on detail;
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written;
- Computer literate.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on May 14th, 2021.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.