Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training centre.
About the role
The Paramedic provides the implementation of Health management requirement for everyone at work. Reporting to the Coordinator Safety and based on GBU Coal Mine Project on a 4/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- Develop and Implement Occupational Health at Site;
- Providing medical Info for safety talk and notice board;
- Monitoring and following up injury management, Rehabilitation and Hygiene inspection and food sanitation at catering provider then report to management;
- Providing medical evacuation drill, Involving First Aid and Emergency Rescue Team; Conducting Training on medical first response and rescue to all team members;
- Improving internal site medical first response and rescue team competency, oversee preparation of emergency response facilities and team;
- Facilitating implementation of the project health and safety improvement plan.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Nursing Academy; Minimum 2 years as First Aider; Training in fire & Rescue; BLS and ATLS; Hyperkes training. Have competency and skill based on emergency response specific case; Understand about HSE standard on mining and plant activities, OHS Regulations Statutory regulations.
- The candidate should fluent in English both oral and written, and proficient in computer literacy; strong communication both of external and internal; proactive, initiative & innovative.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 25 June 2021.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.