Experience more opportunities
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
As the Operations Technology Technician your primary responsibilities will be to maintain hardware, firmware and IP configurations for but not limited to FMS, HP GPS. You may also be required to assist at other Thiess Australia operations.
In this role, you will:
- Install and servicing data, power, radio and GPS antenna cables through bulkhead, panels and access both inside and outside production equipment compartments on heavy mining machinery
- Investigate and resolve faults, and carry out preventative maintenance routines on FMS and machine guidance systems fitted onto Excavators, Dozers, Trucks, Graders and Light Vehicles
- Work collaboratively with members of the Operational Technology & Systems Group to serve as primary contact for support and enhancements
- Provide technical leadership in area of expertise, cross skilling site-based project team members to ensure installed fleet meets required availability targets
- Ensure all activities are completed in a safe manner.
- Tertiary education, Trade or Degree in Electrical / engineering, communications or similar role experience
- Substantial experience maintaining FMS and Machine Guidance systems with installation experience preferable
- Ability to support complex IT systems in the field
- Hands-on hardware and software system level troubleshooting is essential
- Experience maintaining communications infrastructure (wireless networks, microwave, etc.)
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
What Thiess can do for you
- Permanent full-time positions
- Full camp facilities provided
- Thiess’ commitment to training & development
- Salary sacrifice options – Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program – earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We’re committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here. No other requests will be acknowledged.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.