Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Mt Owen Coal Mine is located 25 km’s north-west of Singleton in the picturesque Hunter Valley, currently producing over 8 million tons of run of mine (ROM) coal per annum.
About the role
As our next Diesel Fitter reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
In this role, you will but are not limited to:
Be required to work on a rotating even time 12.5hr shift roster that will include day, night and weekend work
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of large scale mobile mining equipment including Liebherr 996, 9400 and 9350 excavators, CAT Trucks and Dozers and other ancillary equipment as directed in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Completing General Maintenance, Breakdowns, Services and Component Change outs to a high regard
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer based systems
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Conduct required inspection to maximise equipment utilisation availability and reliability
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 2nd January 2019